GSR B18C1 in 95 EG Engine TROUBLES

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Manny782

To start I have a 95 honda civic eg coupe EX model I recently got a B18C1 put in with a b16 cable tranny & cable tranny conversion because 95 civics are hydro. Ok i got the swap put in by a cheap mechanic and he put it in but never connected everything because once he finished the swap and put it in the first cylinder was completely dead! then i took it home drove it around and the cylinder started working but was still misfiring. I got new spark plugs and wires it helped A LOT only misfired when I hit it hard. I then saw that every time it misfired one of the injectors were leaking gas I then changed the injectors and got new seals. that same night it was completely fine seemed like I fixed the problem for good lasted like 3 days then today I started misfiring again and randomly smoking, took my spark plugs out and they were white tipped and black around the bottom.
HELP ME looks like it's burning oil. only thing I did between the time that I got new injectors and now is fuel treatment and connected my mani to my fuel rail because it wasn't originally connected. DONATION TO ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME.

have you ran a compression check yet, hot and cold then add a little bit of dex/merc to each cyl. as you run a 3rd test on each making sure your plugs are all in the head excepted the cyl your testing. if they come out to be with in 15%-20% (i think) of each other then good, one other thing to check fist is your dizzy cap and rotor assuming you gaped your plugs correctly should be safe with .035 at the least and .045 to max of .050 but you might want to check that for your elevation.

haven't ran my compression test yet haven't had the time. but the dizzy is brand new so I know it's not the dizzy. but thanks i'll let you know the results on the compression test tomorrow.

leakdown and compression tests are the next logical steps. see if you have bototm end ring problems before you dump more money on things that are likely not the problem.

Figured it out! the smoking wasn't coming from my engine my catch can was loose and was dripping on my headers now all the problems with the misfiring was all because I thought the p28 i had was chipped but wasn't so my engine wasn't running right. I put on a chipped p28 and everything went away.! thanks for the feedback.

Yo'ure lucky! oil dripping on hot surfaces can easily start an engine bay fire. clean up that area good.

yea happy nothing lie that happened, thanks for your help.

Back