GSR into EG HELP *BOGGING*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys sorry about the delay been busy working and such. Yea my car has a cat, i had to take it off the tegra because the headers and my hatch exhaust piping had a massive gap in between and the GSR piping had the cat and the filter after. so fit perfect.

Cafrog sorry bud, i wish i lived in cali but about 20hours away in Canada, ontario... hense the -20 weather were having.

I can try to find a obd 1 p72 or p30 im sure someone has one lying around here.

I still haven't been able to check my codes because of work and me getting off later then usual.

My buddy is trying to find his GSR map sensor and might be the problem, just one thing to cross off the list. Just to try anyways.

checked the codes on the car - 4 error codes

1. 54 - CKF - crank fluctuation sensor
2. 65 - Secondary oxygen sensor heater wire (black wires)
3. 3 - MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
4. 22 -VTEC pressure valve

Thats what the codes flashed. Not sure if some is caused because my vtec isn't hooked up yet.
If anyone thats been lurking this forum can help me out. Be appreciated. Thanks:crazyeyes:

Secondary O2.....your chassis does not have any wiring to the ECU for it. This is where I think OBD1 ECU is in order.
Crank sensor..check wiring, maybe continuity and/or get another one (this may be an ECU thing...but probably not)
Check continuity/wiring on MAP and/or change it
My questions for you are:
VTEC oil pressure sensor....its a JDM swap? B18C's from Japan don't have one.
Does your motor have one?
Do you have a clip for it but no sensor? (USDM engine harness has one but JDM motor doesn't have the sensor)

Locate an ECU......$80-120
OEM GSR Intake Manifold? If so....you need to look for a OBD1 P72 (b/c of IAB's) or you can convert it and still use a P30

I was wondering why the VTEC solenoid from my JDM B18C didn't have an oil pressure sensor. Is that necessary to have? I just reused my USDM B16 one.

Sorry for going off topic. :p

Its a good question but I do not know the answer lol I am guessing its some safety precaution in terms of the oil pressure being sufficient for VTEC to engage safely. Maybe they didn't worry about it in JDM versions?
But if you have a USDM ECU that looks for it and a USDM engine harness that has a plug for it, it needs a USDM VTEC assembly. But I do know there are threads that let you wire around it if you use a JDM ECU.

check the grounds on your wiring harnesses and make sure u didnt pinch a wire during ur swap also make sure ur jumper harness wires are all tight and have consistant countinuity

Back