Gsr Pistons In A B18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I plan on staying completely streetable.

Now getting through smog in Cali... I'll probably smog / register it with the stock engine and do the swap immediately afterwards.

It's worth not having to go through the trouble with emissions with that many aftermarket components.

Now you want to run low 13's? Thats not something you can just bolt on I/H/E and a turbo and go with it.

If you're going to have to get new rods ($600) then why even bother with your $20 used GRS pistons? Go with the compression drop of 9.1 or 8.5 cr pistons with new rods. It's worth the extra boost you can handle.

LS = 9.2:1 compression stock
LS with USDM GSR pistons = 9.6:1 compression
LS with JDM GSR pistons = 10.1:1 compression

They're all boostable, really... but just stick with your stock pistons.

I was asking cause i don't exaclty have the block yet, and i want to know if i could just get a bare block and throw some GSR pistons in there and still be able to run n/a until i could go boost.

The GSR pistons i found are cheaper than any stock LS pistons. will GSR rods bolt onto an LS crank or will i need to get the crank machined?

How much of a difference will they make over LS pistons?

GSR Rods will not fit an LS crank. The rod is too thin so no amount of machining will make them work. If you want to run GSR Rods you need a GSR crank, but then you lose something like 40cc's of displacement.

i have a nuformz block guard for sale.
i have endyn ls/t 9.2:1 pistons for sale

click sig.

Back