Gsr Trans Wont Disengage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97reddelsol

Hey everyone i have a 97 gsr trans on a 95 gsr motor in a 97 DEL SOL and it will not shift into gear while the car is running. When the car is not running it shifts smooth into every gear. I have a New Fidanza 7.5 lb flywheel, oem honda clutch and a used ACT pressure plate. New OEM pilot bearing, OEM throw out bearing, New shift for and spring all OEM. I have a new OEM vtec b16 del sol shift linkage. Ive bleed the clutch lines a total of 3 times now i adjusted the part on the Clutch master Cylinder that goes to the pedal and you put the pin through to it is closer to the pedal trying that. I got the trans in about an hour go and still wont shift into gear while running. I Put it in reverse and then started the car and with the pedal fully pushed in it jerked and i threw it into neutral not wanting to fuck anything up. Please help. And the car motor wiring and everything is good. Just the trans is fucking killing me.
Thanks Jayden

If you have someone that can watch the slave cylinder for the amount of movement, it should move about 3/4 to a full inch to fully disengage the clutch... You can also adjust the master clutchrod on the pedal side. The clutch pedal should be level with the other brake pedal.

Slave cylinder moves the perefect amount my honda mechanic who is also my neighbor (Very lucky) Said its most likely my PP but i couldnt get another one until today so i tried adjusting the pedal to make the stroke longer. And the pedal feels better more to my liking but still wont shift into gear so now im gonign to pick up a new PP and hope that works

Nope its brand new and the spring is new and even my mechanic said everything is good. And hes been working on hondas for like 30 years.

its rare, but if the "teeth" on the pressure plate are bent or worn for whatever reason, it could cause it not to shift right, or not to release the flywheel enough to shift at all like you're experiencing... might be a stupid question, but did you seat the pilot bearing all the way when you replaced it? did you torque doen the pressure plate when you installed it? ive seen it happen...

I agree it sounds internal to the clutch or plate itself, not the actuation/slaves/etc.

sucks cuz thats the hard way of dropping it all down again :(

Turns out it was my PP..... Damn it. Well at least now its fixed. thanks everyone knew i could count on you all.

Back