GTA Car Kits iPod adapter has static with my S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
Help here if anyone can :)

I shot GTA this email yesterday

---
received the GTA Car Kits adapter for the 09 Corolla S 6-disc in-dash without navi. Installation was straightforward no issues. However, playback from my iPhone4s gives light static that is/was not present using the in-dash AUX port.

I see in the instruction manual there is some talk of clipping and grounding a wire on the factory harness, but I do not believe this is needed...
---

GTA got back to me, they wanted a photo of my stereo, and wanted me to try another iDevice, and the AUX jack on the unit (which works, wonderfully) . I have not yet tried my iPad2.

To better explain the static, it sounds like a record being played. I'll load some music onto the Pad and try it at lunch today.

Well tested out my iPad2, iPod Classic and my iPhone4s again. Pulled out all the cables and started over, all devices have static. AUX works great on all of them.

Lets see what they say. So far their CS has been good!

Well after they shipped me a second kit with the same issue, i tested out both kits in a highlander with the same radio. no issues.

bought a Rosen in-dash nav/dvd. its awesome. works great.

Back