h22 bogging out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calmfornow

System Failure Racing
what do you know...another problem.....
my h22 accord 91, is hopping on me lol (real discriptive)....whenever its raining or anything wet outside, it will try to like bog out and i have to step on it to actually accelerate, otherwise when you hit on the gas it just bogs out going down on rpm like if you are out of gas and you are in gear (manual cars)...people who ran out of gas knows what this is like...or another analogy is if you shut your car off when you are driving and you are in gear...it acts like that untill you completly mash on it

has no splash guard on it either, but i wouldnt think that would be the problem because it is only splashing the downpipe and underneathe the engine

I have a jdm swapped h22 hatch, an I had the same problem. But I had two problem one was the fuel filter but I don't think that's your problem. But another thing was when I bought the car the ecu was on the floor just laying loose and I noticed everytime it rained my car bogged out too. What it was, was that my ecu was getting wet and ever since I mounted it up out of the way it hasn't bogged out on me, and its been about 3 months. I've had three hondas and every one I've ever had seemed to get wet on the floor on both passenger and drivers side when it rains. I'd check to see if your ecu is getting wet, or maybe some wires under your hood are not protected and are getting wet. But I'd check your ecu.

wow....wouldnt of thought of that...thanks...im going to check it...it is just laying on the passanger floor under the kick pannel also not mounted down, ill check that, im also going to tune her up cause she just started miss firing it feels like, after running about half hour she pulsated at idle like a bitch, so there is another thing to check out lol....winter sucks lol:D

I would change your fuel filter just to be safe because that caused me a lot of problems with idle and boggin out. And there supposed to be changed every certain amount of miles, idk how many but the one on mine was the stock fuel filter from 93. But its always a good thing to be safe and change it and I think it was like 20 or 25 bucks.

yea i am thinkin about throwing one in when i do my tune up hopefully in a week....full tuneup with everything you can do for a tune up lol

Back