H22 in EG del Sol- EGR Vacuum ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does anyone know if there is a vacuum fitting on the H22 that would activate the EGR valve. I have a JDM H22A that was swapped into a del Sol. The car ran perfectly for years running the way that the vacuum lines were set up. A couple months ago I left the car at a friends house and for whatever reason he decided to play with the vacuum hoses. Now he can't remember how to get them all back correctly. I have all of them run according to the vacuum diagrams that I have however I do not have a place to put the vacuum line for the EGR since the del Sol does not have an EGR solenoid. Are there any that will imitate the solenoid action

Does the car idle properly?

If so, then there's no vacuum leak, and you filled all the holes.

But, you can always use a Y-adapter.

The car idles properly because I stuck a plug in the line for now however I'm getting a CEL (12 EGR) when I'm driving the car now. I need this resolved so that I can get the car inspected. I have a y-adapter that I can use but I need to know which vacuum source to plug into. As far as I know about the EGR system is is only activated when the car is cruising or decelerating so it does not need a constant vacuum source which would leave the EGR valve open all of the time. Thank you for the response though

Wouldn't that keep the EGR soleniod open all the time. I thought hat the car would run really poorly like that. I was under the impression that the EGR should only be open when cruising or decelerating in order to reduce emissions and not under acceleration

Back