h22 swap troubles in my 92 lude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprt92

ok i have had nothin but trouble w/ this swap!! now the motor is in im waiting to get a p13 ecu, so right now im using my p14 i was getting a check engine light so i checked it , code 43 "Fuel Supply System defective or malfunctioning fuel supply system" i pulled a plug out . it is running verry rich the plug is burnt pretty bad!
I used the o2 sensor from the h22, im not sure it was any good so i put the one i had from my h23 now it is running verry rough and wants to die???
does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? i was wondering if when i get my p13 this might correct the problem? the only thing that doesnt make since to me is a p13 runs richer than a p14! so why is it runing rich?
and now it wants to die? can someone help me !!!???
thanks

I doubt it's your O2 sensor. Does this happen hot and cold? Is that your only code? When I first did my swap, I plugged my ECT sensor in wrong. The ECU automatically plugs in a value when the sensor isn't sending the right signal. In my case, the ECU send mass fuel and told the engine it was warm. Rough running, shitty starting piece of shit until I figured out where I messed up. Just a thought.

I would check your fuel pressure, and go from there. If you are running rich, you are definitely getting enough fuel.

The new ECU might do it. H23's might need a little more fuel at lower rpms, whereas the H22 needs more up top. I'd get the right ECU and try it again.

thanks i am looking for a ecu but h22 p13s arent easy to find becouse "cough" i have a auto trany :( i will keep looking and try that ! where is this plug you were talking about? thanks for the diagram too that helped !

same here. Ebay. user was Paulecu I paid 160 + 20 shipping for my ECU, and the guy has tons of them. If you have the auto, you might ask him for the TCU also. I have to shift down manually most of the time to keep the rpms up. Otherwise, the tranny shifts at 6200 rpms.

the tcu? is that the comp for the trany? my trany seems to shift fine i dont think there is a lot of differnce from a 23-22 ecu. but there is only one ecu on e bay but im watchin it . thanks for your help!

TCU= auto tranny computer, seperate from ECU

I am using my F22 TCU, and a P13 ECU. The TCU tells the tranny when to shift. In my case, the TCU thinks it has an F22 engine and shifts the tranny at 6200 rpms, well below my new redline. Therefore, I must manually shift down in order to keep the tranny from grabbing the next gear early. During regular driving, there is no difference.

is there a difference between and h22 ecu for and auto or a standard????

Yes. You want a P13. You need to make sure that the ECU is either for a standard or automatic, whichever you have. There is a way to convert a auto ecu into a standard ecu, but a NOOB probably shouldn't attempt it.

hey tab thanks for your help so far i got the p13 i wired up my dist ,, it runs a little smoother i think i havent got to drive it yet so im not sure about the 5grand cut out but im getting a code 36??? i bought 2 manuals 1 iis a helms and looked on the net, NOTHING about a code 36! what the hell should i do???
thanks

If you are reading the code correctly, then you might need a new ECU. Code 36 doesn't exist. Make sure you're counting the blinks correctly. Then trade that ECU for another one.

ok i got the vtec hooked up motor seems strong! i took it for a drive, and now i only have one problem! the v tec kicks in around 5000 and car pulls great till i hit around 100mph. its at around 4000 rpm , and quits climbing. i know that a jdm p13 shuts down at 120. im not shuting down but the h22 just doesn't seem to have any more left in it after 4th gear at 4000 rpm i am using a auto trany! but like i said seems great till 4th gear at 4000 rpm! any ideas???? thanks

at that speed, you need your top end horsepower to go. You might find that your top speed will be found in 3rd. If you are not in VTEC, your power will be insufficient to accelerate. Get your RRRRRRRR's up a bit.

I have a longer geared F22 tranny in my Accord right now, I haven't even tried a fourth gear pull for more than a couple seconds. Third does over 115.

Auto top speeds are (at-best) 120.

Oh well... at least the ride upto 120 is fun.

If you're racing.. only 1/2/3 are useful.. 4th is pointless.

"Auto top speeds are (at-best) 120." then why did i used to go well over 100 w/ my h23 ? it had a auto trany also. and i used to hit 4th in the 1/4 mile

a) 120 IS way over 100

B) Your stock speedometer's calibration is never accurate (at speeds above 80), usually when your speedo says 100 you're probably doing 90 or so.

c) I hit fourth all the time.. it just doesn't really pull that great.

Back