H22A Accord Swap Electrical/mechanical questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mazza89

Hi everyone, this is my first post but I have been a member for a few months, but have been trolling around here even longer.

I own a 1994 Honda Accord automatic LX, I have been wanting to do the swap but had no time or money to. But now the transmission has died in my Accord. So I have decided that I am going to do the swap.

I have been reading alot of information and doing alot of searches but I still have a few issues that i haven't been able to resolve.

I am planning on purchasing a complete motor, tranny and ECU, I am looking at several sources right now (below).

My questions are:
1. Since the motor comes with the ECU and all the wiring for the motor, will that replace my current electronics system or will that just be for the motor. I am slightly confused as to whether the ECU is controlling just the motor or also has the gauge cluster and other items with it.

2. Dealing with the ECU again I am coming from a non VTEC f22 to the VTEC H22 will that cause even more problems, including going from automatic to manual (planning on getting all linkage and pedals from accord at junk yard)?

3. Finally (for now) is getting a motor with the LSD transmission worth the extra cost? I am not planning on going crazy with the motor or racing often.

Here are a few articles I have been reading to get information with the swap
H22a Swap Guide
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ba-bb-ca-cd/4th-gen-accord-h22a-install-59967/
Accord Chassis with H22 Engine - Tech - Sport

And as for the motor I have been looking at the H22A with LSD and non LSD from TorontoJDM, as well as one I found on ebay. Also I heard about HAP auto recycling from one of the articles. Anyone know of anywhere better or cheaper, and are these reliable locations?

Sorry for so many questions especially in my first post! And thank you in advance. If there are any additional valuable articles please let me know.
Thank you!

Back