H23 Non Vtec In 00' Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bowlergi21

I have a 2000 accord ex with 5spd. I know the tranny bolts up to the H23 but what else do i need for it to bolt in. New mounts, axles, linkage, etc.....? It is an H23 nonvtec at the moment but will soon have an H22 vtec head. Please tell me what i need to bolt it in now, i'll worry about what i need later for the head.

do you already have the H23??? if not i would suggest waiting and saving a little more so you can just get the H22 and drop that in ... it might take a little longer but it will save you a lot of money

I already have the H23. My buddy sold it to me for only 150 dollars so i jumped on it. But will the H22 vtec head fit on the H23. It should shouldnt it?

yeah it will match up

Now does anyone know what else i need to make it match up. Also, does anyone know where to get a good set of pistons and rods for cheap? Thnx

You'll at least need a VTEC timing belt. I'm not exactly sure what else you'd need, besides the usual VTEC head/non-VTEC block stuff (external oil line, VTEC wiring, etc).

What year is the H23? If it's 95 or older, you'll have OBD compatibility issues as well.

The engine is older than 95 but i have already solved the OBD problem. I just need to know if i need new mounts and if the tranny bolts up, from what i've been hearing, the tranny should but i havent had a definite yes.

It should, but the reason I'm not sure is that hondaautomotiveparts.com lists the tranny casing from 93-96 Prelude VTECs as being a different parts number from the 97-02 Ludes. They LOOK the same, but the best way would be to call some local Honda dealers or Honda repair shops.

Back