h23 to h22 distributor wiring problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Supadax

ok ive spent the past week doing this swap and now the engine is in and it starts up. but the tach does not work at all off of my distributor i got a conneector of 8 cables i know the yellow/black cable was power so spliced it with the external coil connector to get power to the internal coil..... but the tach wires arnt there. and there is no dark blue wire coming out of the distributor. only a baby blue color wire.my harness has to plugs for the distributor but only 1 is coming off the dist. if im missing something please point it out... kinda frustrating ....

email or post on here

thanks

Originally posted by Supadax@Jul 15 2005, 12:24 AM
ok ive spent the past week doing this swap and now the engine is in and it starts up. but the tach does not work at all off of my distributor i got a conneector of 8 cables i know the yellow/black cable was power so spliced it with the external coil connector to get power to the internal coil..... but the tach wires arnt there. and there is no dark blue wire coming out of the distributor. only a baby blue color wire.my harness has to plugs for the distributor but only 1 is coming off the dist. if im missing something please point it out... kinda frustrating ....

email or post on here

thanks
[post=526477]Quoted post[/post]​

I would say that you found the right wire. The tach wire is kind of light in color. I wouldn't call it dark blue. I believe it's the only solid blue wire coming out of your distributor.

If all else fails you can zip tie your external coil into your car and use your old dist.

The only thing i had to do with mine was just splice into the one 12V wire for the external coil, and link it to the other yellow wire on the internal coil dist.

Back