Had A Block Powdercoated

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slimtadder

I know, normally you would take it back and have the guy clean the over spray off, but put it this way I can't go 1000 feet from his place of business. I tried Paint thinner and got almost all of it off. My question is there's some (not much) on the block and I'm worried about setting the head on with the over spray on there? I'm I o. k to do this or any idea's?

Thanks

i put APC stickers on my block......do i peel them off or do i let them BURN off :chuckleslikeBeavis: heh heh heh heh heh heh die die heh heh heh

Originally posted by Slimtadder@Jan 16 2003, 08:28 PM
No one answered me yet?

im assuming the paints on the block, not the paint on the car's body

paint stripper will get rid of overspray with ease,

Originally posted by Slimtadder@Jan 16 2003, 08:36 PM
Doesn't work, is it going to fuck anything up? Head Gasket not seating right maybe?

Thanks

No, i said paint stripper, not paint thinner. Paint stripper will take it off, it melts down the paint on cars in a matter of seconds. Go to sears and find the aerosol paint stripper, it will get it off. If for some reason it doenst, just get the block resurfaced.

And paragus, i dont help scammers either, but b16 said its been taken care of :)

im not an expert in resurfacing, but i really dont see why they wouldnt be able to do it without destroying the powdercoating

they just mill the top of the block

Originally posted by SolReaver@Jan 16 2003, 08:50 PM
im not an expert in resurfacing, but i really dont see why they wouldnt be able to do it without destroying the powdercoating

they just mill the top of the block

Is it fairly cheap, do you know?

Thanks

try lacquer thinner...or paint stripper like Solreaver said. paint thinner only works on oil based paints and acrylics. i work at a sign shop. i would look deeper into what resurfacing might do because that would be alot like shaving the deck...should only be done by professional engine builders with specialized equipment. if the surface isnt perfectly flat to within like 1/100 of an inch, you will have major engine problems.

Use a gasket scraper to clean the surface first then wipe it down lacquer thinner or something similiar to clean off any left over residue. Just be careful not to dig into the metal with the scraper

umm, I dont know but iam just asking WHY? would you powedercoat a engine block?? If its dirty just use engine cleaner? Iam sorta confused? :blink: :huh: :eek: <_< :unsure:

Back