Hard Launch Vid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn, thats crazy.. does he even change gears? *i know he has to but you ca't hear them change

Originally posted by T0mMuNi$m@Jan 19 2003, 01:55 AM
Please dont ever say anything like that again..... <_<

why not? i respect my honda for what it is, i love the way it handles and the gas mileage. i like the way it looks and i love working on them but as a car enthusiast i also love the raw power and torque that a v8 / and a certain v6 makes. i will own a ws6 one day

yeah get this....

i talked with (holy mouthfull) bill's cousins' boyfriend tonight who owns a mustang LX converted to a cobra 5.0, body and all... decent looking car... kid is 18 or so... maybe 19... hardly beats on it.... and gets 80 miles PER TANK. per tank. thats f00king gay

Originally posted by xlfusionxl@Jan 18 2003, 08:02 PM
Rice.

how is it rice? a tt mustang going 8's is rice?

Its got an auto in it.. he only uses 1 and 2 out of the 4 gears. Its a full race setup. Domestics use auto's or clutcless sticks for dragging.

Originally posted by Trinity+Jan 19 2003, 02:04 AM-->
T0mMuNi$m
@Jan 19 2003, 01:55 AM

why not? i respect my honda for what it is, i love the way it handles and the gas mileage. i like the way it looks and i love working on them but as a car enthusiast i also love the raw power and torque that a v8 / and a certain v6 makes. i will own a ws6 one day

Just get an 03 Cobra 6 speed. They run a whole second fast in the 1/4, stock and are around the same price. Yes, some have had a front end problem that SVT can't even figure out, but some haven't. The after market parts for the 4.6 DOHC design are outrageous, but its a fast as hell car. So far the owner of the Ford place in town has had his and put 7K on it so far and a lot of that was street racing or going to the run way here and racing and no problems at all.

~12.2 1/4 for 30-35k.. can't beat it!

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 19 2003, 05:43 AM-->
xlfusionxl
@Jan 18 2003, 08:02 PM
Rice.

how is it rice? a tt mustang going 8's is rice?

Its got an auto in it.. he only uses 1 and 2 out of the 4 gears. Its a full race setup. Domestics use auto's or clutcless sticks for dragging.

Buahahhahahahahahha

Figures that someone would not see the sarcasm in what I wrote.

I was joking, jeez.

i will have to find this one STREET LEGAL supra that does a 8 sec pass at 160 mph. It was on some bussinesses website. The coolest looking vid was the one skyline that did about an 8 that had a sweet launch.

80 miles per tank? Is that with a 6 gallon fuel cell or does he just get like 4 mpg?

Originally posted by Trinity+Jan 19 2003, 02:04 AM-->
T0mMuNi$m
@Jan 19 2003, 01:55 AM

Trin..i think you should look at your honda again, instead of looking at your honda for handling and gas mileage....look at it for handling and Raw power/torque that will make the people driving the ws6's sick that that spent that much for that car getting beat by the 4 cylinder.....thats the whole reason im into imports, to someday have my civic owning many domestics, and looking better in the process. :lol:

I'd say he is using a adapted chevy powerglide they are the most common tranny when you are running those kind of times. They are 2 speed autos, chevy used them in cars and trucks during the 60's and early 70's. They came in 2 versions the difference being in the 1st gear ratio. There was a 1.76, and a 1.82. Second gear on both versions is 1 to 1. You can do 55 in first gear on a bone stock one that has never been rebulit and never have a problem. If bulit right you can do between 80 and 90 in first. Oh yeah and it's the only auto tranny designed so you can pop start the car.

If that dude is getting 80 miles to a tank on a more or less stock mustang something is seriously wrong even if he is beating on it. That car would have 5 or 6 miles to the gallon that's just about impossible especially with FI and overdrive.

Originally posted by chevy302dz@Jan 24 2003, 03:23 AM
If that dude is getting 80 miles to a tank on a more or less stock mustang something is seriously wrong even if he is beating on it. That car would have 5 or 6 miles to the gallon that's just about impossible especially with FI and overdrive.

No- not true... I got (honest to God) 8.5 miles per gallon on my stock auto Civic DX setup over the course of 50 miles. There was nothing wrong with the engine- it just spent almost all of those 50 miles at redline, so it sucked down quite a bit of gas.

:D

I could get 5-6mpg on a totally healthy Cobra. Just hand me the keys, a rollcage, and a helmet.

:lol:

Yeah you got me there engines at 6,000 rpm do tend to consume a lot of gas :D but seriously Brian is saying this kid is not beating on it and even if he was beating on it somewhat those are some real low #'s. And 8.5 MPG in a stock Civic :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Back