Heating and cooling questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I ripped my gas water heater out in lieu of an electric unit....TMLP baby, (one of the) cheapest utility companys in the northeast :)

as far as the furnace, you can usually tell how old it is by the serial number (search the internet)

Forced hot air is the best heating/cooling system. If you're going to replace your unit, I'd go with a 13+ SEER unit, matching A/C coil, and an R410 condensing unit (R22 is being phased out....its also not as efficient)

You don't have to go crazy with a brand name (Trane, Carrier, ect), mid grade is more than enough (Gibson)...Frigidaire is actually the same EXACT same units, they just cost more because they come with a longer warranty

In the long run, it'll pay for itself

Well, without it the house sits at about 55F during that time, so it's not too bad.

you're the engineer here... figure out how many BTU are required to raise the airspace in your old place by 10 degrees

then seek help

quite a few.... But considering that the computer was throwing about 500 watts into the air, it's pretty easy to heat a room. There's not really any way to do the true math without knowing how much the house leaks for a certain period of time, so al I'd really be able to do is make a bunch of assumptions that would probably be wrong. :)

i should have known you would go and make it more difficult

:disgust1: fuckin engineers :(

:p

Back