Help Building a B18a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 17 2003, 08:57 AM
holy christ this thread sucks.

blockguards- worthless. they hold in heat, inhibit flow of coolant, and frankly, don't protect where the protection is needed. 90% of cracked sleeves START at the middle of the sleeve, where the outgoing force is the strongest, due to the rod angle as it moves the piston up from the crank's stroke. don't take my word for it. T.O.O agrees.

how come people dont pm me when these kinda questions come up.

because:
A- they don't know you
B- if they did, they probably still wouldn't PM you.
Why? here's why. you HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING EITHER.
dont use stock LS rods b/c they cant spin past 7500 RPM. after that they are known to let go. either go with JE forged, or b16 pistons, also use JE rods or b16a rods

RODS DONT SPIN. cranks do.
RODS DONT LET GO. hell, they were never holding anything in the first place.
JE doesn't make rods.
b16 rods are the wrong fucking length in an LS bottom end. you will have .003:1 compression if you use b16 rods.

Now, for n00b number 2.
i think you should just use some low compression 8:1 JE pistons, crower rods, and non vtec cams, a block girdle and boost it to about 12 psi, you'll be see much more impressive numbers, probably around 260/190, I just can't drive a torqueless car, Just my .02

You can't drive a torqueless car??? THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SUGGESTING 8 to FUCKIGN 1 COMPRESSION??????? wave good bye to any non-boosted power or torque. Fucking dog, will spool slow as shit too.

OH yeah his motor was built by DRT in Queens NYC

Who gives a shit? I mean honestly, does your friend with a fast car have ANYTHING to do with this thread?? no.
results are not typical.

I lsot 312412 lbs off eating a pill for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and 12323 grams of fat for dinner! SO CAN YOU!

god this thread sucks.

i think u need to lay off the coffe of medication, or somthing.....seriously.

First- Does anyone here live in, or close to NYC, i can have you meet up with my friend, OR call DRT, and ask about "turbo Jay's 11 second civic, and his motor build up".

i would love to shut this guy up, is is a complete Nut case.

-------------
now before you start to flame ar say this thread sucks.....explain to me the meaning of a closed Deck Block. and then Explain why more factory turbo cars has a closed deck block.....and also tell us how these factory cars OVERHEAT all the time....

*i personally used about three different block guards, on three different DOHC VTEC motors...and never had a heat problem*

please if you dont agree, just say so.....dont have to start flaming everyone...
it only make you look bad..(i'm accutally here laughin my ass off at you)

have a nice day

I can say that thats a nice set up but thats some shitty ass torque readings. i think you should just use some low compression 8:1 JE pistons, crower rods, and non vtec cams, a block girdle and boost it to about 12 psi, you'll be see much more impressive numbers, probably around 260/190, I just can't drive a torqueless car, Just my .02

i would take the 9:1 on a 12psi motor.....i would even turn the boost up.
if i go 8:1 i would want to be able to run alot more than 12psi....

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 15 2003, 02:38 PM
dont use stock LS rods b/c they cant spin past 7500 RPM. after that they are known to let go. that is my car

You haven't given a reason why they can't you just keep saying they can't.
Why can't the rods "spin" past 7500rpms?

Originally posted by chingro@Oct 17 2003, 04:01 PM
please if you dont agree, just say so.....dont have to start flaming everyone...
it only make you look bad..(i'm accutally here laughin my ass off at you)

laugh all you want. you're still slow, and no one gives a shit about a shop car.

LS/VTEC is my new best friend =P... Thank you hondaswap.com.

I believe this thread has been hijacked by another LS/VTEC debate...

ls/vtec, ur a moron. i know so many b18a/b engines that were built to run LS/Vtec or LS/nitrous and the rods couldnt hold up after 2 seasons at the track. i dont really care if ur LS rods have held up for a few months, in the long run they will go, and then u will be fucked.

Originally posted by khrisb+Oct 17 2003, 03:23 PM-->
SleEPeR_CRX
@Oct 15 2003, 02:38 PM
dont use stock LS rods b/c they cant spin past 7500 RPM. after that they are known to let go. that is my car

Still waiting Sleeper Crx...
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 18 2003, 02:41 PM
ls/vtec, ur a moron. i know so many b18a/b engines that were built to run LS/Vtec or LS/nitrous and the rods couldnt hold up after 2 seasons at the track. i dont really care if ur LS rods have held up for a few months, in the long run they will go, and then u will be fucked.

No, it is you who is the moron. I am tempted to bring up the 3092 different times you posted misinformation on this board. You have no credibility on this board, and are a complete fucktard.

s3f90483307543.jpg

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 18 2003, 01:41 PM

Riiiight, just go away. Do us all a favor and quit posting because you are spreading complete bullshit. Stop. Quit. Halt. Cease and Desist. Whatever just quit posting.

In the long run every engine goes. If the driver isn't a complete retard (as I suspect most if not all the people that you know are) LS rods will handle the extra revs fine. I would be willing to bet that the pistons failed before the rods on your "friend's" Nitrous engine.

whoa my post was jacked, o wellz, i still didnt get my answer , so yeah, anywho, if anyone has a similar set up to what im planning on doing go ahead and pm me with some hp and tq numbers as for everyone that got owned in this thread :tisk: whoops

Originally posted by khrisb+Oct 18 2003, 03:49 PM-->
Originally posted by khrisb@Oct 17 2003, 03:23 PM
SleEPeR_CRX
@Oct 15 2003, 02:38 PM

Still waiting Sleeper Crx...

This will make almost day 3 of still waiting for that explanation Sleeper CRX...

Oh yeah, bump for you, assman.

lol, u guys are cool. how much misinformation have i given? i havent had personal experiance with LS rods, but friends, and stuff i rea says the LS rods cant hold over 7500, and personally i wouldnt trust them to go over that. U also have 0 proof that they CAN run over 7500 RPM, u say they do in ur engine just fine, good. ur engine isnt every engine. so instead of running around saying some is a fuckard, compare both sides idiot. ive seen people die under 7500, so i say they cant handle any higher. u say they can go over 7500 cause ur rods are still working. also, id like to see this misinformation im so used to giving.

also, most of my friends have been in the sport for 4+ years, i am just learning thats y i came to HS in the 1st place. i doubt any1 here has a stock b16 running 13's with only i/h/e and cam gears. i also doubt any1 here has a Turbo/GSR with no internals running 11.9's. i doubt my friends are morons, i might be, but calling everyone i know a moron is a long shot. i have still yet to hear what ur mighty LS/Vtec runs, so y dont u let me know. so i can see how much faster ur amazing car really is.

that pic is my halloween costume, and u know its by far the best thing ever made.

The only reason I have spent the last 10 mins finding all the different times you posted misinformation, is because I hate you so fucking much. These are all statements that you have recently posted that are completely incorrect.

u need to get a obd1 wiring harness and use that with obd1 ecu. u cant do it with ur stock engine still in the car.

you can start putting h22a's in accords after 1990 b4 then they dont fit.

ok 87b16crx, u have a few things wrong, ANY car with turbo ownz gas, they have a WAY better powerband than ANY non-vtec car

make sure u get b16a rods

the LS rods cant spin past 7500 (this has been repeated SEVERAL times)

the LS will safely hold roughly 9 psi

(in reference to motor mounts) they are all the same shit. welded metal with poly bushings

b/c u cant switch an obd2 motor to obd0. u can only change 1 obd, so u change engine to obd1, and car to obd1.

but a GSR sedan isnt a car

a real GSR is different than a sedan with a GSR engine

the gsr also had better handling,

nicer rims,

and bigger brakes

it should say on the sidewall of the tire what the correct PSI is.

u need a 90-91 SI tranny i believe the imput shaft on the 89 is a different size.

There, and by the way you look like a fucking cocksmoker in that outfit. Have a great day.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 19 2003, 10:21 PM
lol, u guys are cool. how much misinformation have i given? i havent had personal experiance with LS rods, but friends, and stuff i rea says the LS rods cant hold over 7500, and personally i wouldnt trust them to go over that. U also have 0 proof that they CAN run over 7500 RPM, u say they do in ur engine just fine, good. ur engine isnt every engine. so instead of running around saying some is a fuckard, compare both sides idiot. ive seen people die under 7500, so i say they cant handle any higher. u say they can go over 7500 cause ur rods are still working. also, id like to see this misinformation im so used to giving.

also, most of my friends have been in the sport for 4+ years, i am just learning thats y i came to HS in the 1st place. i doubt any1 here has a stock b16 running 13's with only i/h/e and cam gears. i also doubt any1 here has a Turbo/GSR with no internals running 11.9's. i doubt my friends are morons, i might be, but calling everyone i know a moron is a long shot. i have still yet to hear what ur mighty LS/Vtec runs, so y dont u let me know. so i can see how much faster ur amazing car really is.

that pic is my halloween costume, and u know its by far the best thing ever made.

The proof is most people aren't fucking dumb enough to rev a non-vtec engine to OVER 7500 RPMS without the proper upgrades. (which don't include a fucking useless block guard, or b16 pistons) Revving the motor to 7500, and revving the motor to 7500 with 150 extra n20 induced HP are two different things

Listen jackass. The strength of rods has very LITTLE to do with current RPMS. Think about it. The force on the rods comes from the combustion chamber. If you add lots more HP than the rod was designed for (ie ls/VTEC, or N20) The fucking things are going to break. Running the thing at the track just makes it worse because the motor is constantly high load.

So quit judging rods by the RPM of the motor. It barely has anything to do with it. But your pro-am race buddies probably could have told you that.

i doubt any1 here has a stock b16 running 13's with only i/h/e and cam gears.

Oh boy, a fucking tuna can with wheels. Nothing I love more than some ghetto-ass honda that still has no power, but has everything but the fuckin body panels stripped off of it. SCC made an article for people like this.

i also doubt any1 here has a Turbo/GSR with no internals running 11.9's

Most of us aren't dumb enough to drive a time bomb.

I just read your post once more and was befuddled at your ignorance.

ive seen people die under 7500, so i say they cant handle any higher

Using that logic, if you have seen a turbo motor blow up, then obviously no motor can handle a turbo. Good lord you are fucking dumb.

Also, just to clarify, where do you get the magic number of 7500 from? Did all of your all-knowing buddies rev their motors out to precisely 7500 rpm, and at the instant the tach needle hit 7500, the engine snapped the rods?

If I were a moderator or admin, I would have banned you long ago. :newbie:

Originally posted by chingro@Oct 17 2003, 03:01 PM
now before you start to flame ar say this thread sucks.....explain to me the meaning of a closed Deck Block. and then Explain why more factory turbo cars has a closed deck block.....and also tell us how these factory cars OVERHEAT all the time....

Engines designed with a closed deck from the factory, are exactly that .. designed by engineers, with tons of R&D into how to cool them. Honda engines are not designed with closed decks so they are not intended to have closed decks. No tuner, or VERY few, put the R&D in to effectively cool the block the way it needs to be after closing the deck. Sleeves are a much better route than block guards because they provide much more strength.

BACK TO TOPIC:
I am starting a B18A build soon, basically a mild street build, daily driver has to be able to do long trips and city driving, so nothing crazy. My probable mod list:

B18A block
ITR girdle
ITR oil pump
P61 pistons
Shot-peened LS rods
Micro-polish/chamfer crank
Hone/bore cylinders to near-stock
B18A head, milled, ported, polished, valve job
Ferrea valves
Crower springs, retainers

Aiming for 10.0 or so CR, maybe 180 or so hp? Not sure on hp #s, but we'll see what the build produces ;).

ok sol time for me to pic apart what u just said.

about ecu and harness, if u read the article. it was abouthim putting a z6 harness and ecu on a d16a6.

you can put h22a's in 88 and earlier accords, but its alot more work and $$, they dont drop right in with mounts.

a vtec/turbo has a competly different powerband than a non-vtec turbo.

LS will safely hold 9 or even higher PSI duh, but using the STOCK engine completely stock IMO i wouldnt go higher than 9psi.

all namebrand mounts are the same shit. redshift, hasport, place, the only difference is where the motor is located. which can make a difference, but not usually.

sedan = 4 door.
coupe = 2 door trunk
hatch= 2 door hatch

DUH

saying yor car is a GSR Sedan is saying its a stock car honda makes. just cause someone has a b16a in his CRX doesnt make it an SiR.

the platform and parts on a GSR are alot different than a Integra sedan, unless he swapped everything over.

it does say on the sidewall of a tire what the correct inflation PSI is.

we all know the 90-91 has have a different spline count than the earlier trannys.

by the way my costume owns.

if ur gunna go off and say every thread i was wrong in, at least get them write. yes ive been wrong b4, thats cause im learning. thats y im here. i help the people i can help, and i ask for help when i need it.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 19 2003, 11:39 PM
all namebrand mounts are the same shit. redshift, hasport, place, the only difference is where the motor is located. which can make a difference, but not usually.

Sorry, wrong. Are you from Vancouver? Redshift (now SPI) mounts are terrible, I have seen them come apart at the welds. Billet mounts are the only way to go, no debates on that. There's a reason Redshift changed it's name.

Wow, I love the way you try to convince yourself that you aren't a fucking idiot.

I have read all the threads that you made a retard out of yourself in, and many people have corrected you on them. Trying to make up some bs story to turn what you said around does not work.

Yeah, the position of the motor doesn't really make a difference at all :roll:

Once again, as Calesta corrected you on earlier, the pressure rating on the side of the tire is NOT the correct inflation pressure. Please never reproduce, as it will pollute the world with stupidity.

Bottom line is, you are a complete jackass n00b with a floppy head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back