help doing sr20 swap into s2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

s2kevin

please do not flame me for this!

ok so i have an s2000 shell and was planning to rebuild it back to stock, but i have been thinking about swapping a sr20 instead. now sikky makes a swap kit for this swap it comes with mounts and drive shaft. i have been talking to sikky and je performance about this swap. they said it mounts perfectly and in the stock position as an f20c. je told me the wiring was as easy as doing a sr20 swap in an a 240.

now i have never done an engine swap before but i do have some mechanical ability and wanted to do this swap myself.

my question is after i have mounted the motor can i just reconnect all the hoses and lines to the motor like a stock engine. i know some lines will have to be changed to fit on the new engine but is that all i have to change? can i keep the stock radiator, a/c, power steering, fuel pump or will have to change those out.

also i know the downpipe will have to be custom, but besides what i have listed will i have to change anything else?

You should problem just keep on talking to Sikky about this and asking them these questions. I don't think that we really have anyone here who's done this swap before. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we don't. Good luck!

for your first swap ever you want to swap between totally different makes?

i think you are starting with something really difficult. just install the stock f20. you'll be much happier.

edited: thanks eg6,

Last edited:
yea i have been reading all the sr20 swaps and ive been reading about how to do engine swaps for awhile just never actually done one, but je also told me they could do the harness for 250-300. i plan on swapping a sr20de since its internals are the same except for a few minor differences and i can get one for 250-350 from wantanabe. then i plan to turbo it in the future.

yea i have been reading all the sr20 swaps and ive been reading about how to do engine swaps for awhile just never actually done one, but je also told me they could do the harness for 250-300. i plan on swapping a sr20de since its internals are the same except for a few minor differences and i can get one for 250-350 from wantanabe. then i plan to turbo it in the future.

whoa dude, you need to back up a second.

the sr20de is an FWD motor. s2k=RWD. you can't install that engine then turbo it.

you should install the factory f20 or the sr20det.

imho, you are in over your head. if you got a cheap shell, buy an f20 from hmotorsonline and drop it in. call it a day.

Last edited:
there are rwd sr20de in America and plenty of jdm ones. hmm i would really like to put the sr20 in but it seems like there is not enough info to do it on my own.

The F20C will be a LOT easier... and honestly have quite a bit more potential for power with the same types of mods later. It's a much more modern engine than the SR20.

I've heard of F20C S2000's with 450-500 hp. Why would you want Nissan crap in a Honda?

yea the f20c has a lot of people ive heard people making 500 on stock internals, but the reason why i wanted to swap the sr20 is because if i can do the swap myself it would be half the price of an f20c swap and parts are a lot cheaper for an sr20. i know they are known to be reliable to 300-400 hp. i guess ill just stick to the f20c. thanks for the input guys

Maybe just the engine itself would be cheaper... you're not seeing all the costs for converting the S2000 to run a Nissan engine. There are always a TON of parts you don't think of when you start in on a swap- especially when you're doing something like putting one make of an engine into another make of car.

there are rwd sr20de in America and plenty of jdm ones. hmm i would really like to put the sr20 in but it seems like there is not enough info to do it on my own.

i must be confused, which american car has a rwd sr20de? which jdm car has it?

silvia Q's i believe...

i really dont think there is a american rwd sr20.... i thought that was just a jdm motor

my question is for the OP. I want to see if he knows which car.

my point is, the kid is in over his head. OP, take your car to a shop, throw down some cash and have them install a motor. if not, just sell your shell. you dont' know what you are doing. just make it drivable and enjoy it.

i know what you were trying to prove but you got me interested at work and im going through the esm right now looking :rolleyes:

Back