help doing sr20 swap into s2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why are you putting a worse motor in the car? Sr20 is WEAK. The F20/22 is a stonger motor and makes more power with the same sized turbo on the same amount of boost....

good first post...this thread is almost 5 months old. OP is probably gone by now.

hey guys i saw this thread on google. i did the swap, it cost me a fortune, its going to JE on saturday to get wired and should be done in a week....3 months later. here is how it looks:
063.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

sept12010061.jpg

sept12010060.jpg

sept12010057.jpg

sept12010056.jpg

you get the jist of it. it wasnt simple. you need to know how to weld and fabricate and problem solve the hell out of a car. if you havent been playing with cars for awhile i would say stay away. if u have its fun and it gives you the ability to create some fun shit. LMK what you think... btw i dont think it looks to bad for some 21 year kids Frankenstein. if you wanna see what it looks like when its done let me know.

stop fucking harassing him holy geez

dude, keep up the good build, and we all respect the time and effort you put into the project. Please keep us posted, it'll be nice to see and hear when its done.

Certainly interested in more pics and details.

The question begs, why you would replace the f20c though....

i get why you and other people keep asking that but i mean i wouldnt be able to do that so. i give credit where credit is due. ive seen a cadillac have a diesel engine in it and ive seen a F 250 with a cummins diesel engine in it its all about having something no one else has i guess. good job man and post more pics.

In the latest issue of Honda Tuning there's a K24 swapped S2K, and there's also an article about transplanting an I-VTEC valve-train into the F20.

I don't quite understand the point of the K24 swap either, but I guess people just want their S2Ks to be unique...

There's actually more potential in the K24 swap... parts are readily available, tuning solutions are done, engines are all over the place.

Hey Mike, we should swap a B16A1 into your S2K.

Seeing the nissan engine in the s2000 makes me sad... But all the same, great job.

^And have fun doing a b16 since they turn the opposite direction... 6 reverse gears FTW!! Haha

Hey Mike, we should swap a B16A1 into your S2K.

I'm down. You'd LOVE what we ARE working on though. :D :D :D

Seeing the nissan engine in the s2000 makes me sad... But all the same, great job.

^And have fun doing a b16 since they turn the opposite direction... 6 reverse gears FTW!! Haha

Nah, we'll just chuck an idler gear into the transmission right after the input.

In the latest issue of Honda Tuning there's a K24 swapped S2K, and there's also an article about transplanting an I-VTEC valve-train into the F20.

I don't quite understand the point of the K24 swap either, but I guess people just want their S2Ks to be unique...

I saw awhile ago.. I'll have to look for it, Spoon had a hybrid FA/FD Civic with a F20c/K20 motor in it. Maybe they aren't very different. Like doing a D16z6 head on a D15.. idk. K24 block/F20 head?..

whoa dude, you need to back up a second.

the sr20de is an FWD motor. s2k=RWD. you can't install that engine then turbo it.

you should install the factory f20 or the sr20det.

imho, you are in over your head. if you got a cheap shell, buy an f20 from hmotorsonline and drop it in. call it a day.

the sr20 de and det have the same tranny bolt pattern, so its doable

Back