help need my d16zc engine doesnt start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joker01

hey guys i need sum help here my d16 engine doesnt start. timing has been done3 times,injectors spitting right, spark is made n the engine cranks but no combustion. tried puttin gas in the cylinders n swing it but no sign of combustion my piston are all moving firing order is correct i reached this large obstcle in my project

an engine needs 3 things to run:
correct timing
fuel
spark

with those three things (even if one is slightly off or weak) the car will attempt to start.

if you arent getting any combustion, check the timing one more time. do a compression test as stated above. even with shotty compression, the engine should still attempt to fire. check your firing order, verify that is correct. check to see if the cyliders are flooded as all hell (chances are youve been cranking the piss out of it trying to get it to start, and if theres no combustion then that fuel is just sitting in there)

you gotta give us some more precise info on what exactly it sounds like. combustion has a unique sound, and an engine just turning over has a unique sound.

ok, the engine cranks but nothing happens i havent done the compression test done and the timing been chking on it n its correct together with the fireing order n its sparking

no sputtering or wanting to start with some hesitation?
do a compression test and verify that the timing is absolutely correct one more time.

also, unhook the injectors and pop the spark plugs out. turn the car over for a bit to clear out all that fuel/shit thats built up in there from trying to start the car.

try to check ur distributor it happened to me once untill i found tht it crank bt wont start so changed ma distributor n pamm gave me spark fuel

Back