Help on b20v swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

raabdunn

Well I just crashed my 1996 hx with a brand new b20vtec swap in it. The motor still runs it just jumped timing. I just bought a 99 ex and I am fixing to put this motor in it within the next week. My question is are there any harness differences between the two? If not, I can just use my parts from my wrecked car and it would be as easy as 123.....Thanks.

The easiest way to go about doing it would be to just remove the harness with the engine and transfer it to the 99 ex. The 99 ex is obd2b, and your 1996 hx is obd2a.

I know for a fact that there are differences in the harnesses on the ECU side, and at the distributor. OBD2B uses a single dizzy plug, and OBD2A uses two dizzy plugs. I believe they are the same wires, they were just consolidated into one plug for OBD2B. You'd have to repin that to make it work, and also do some work at the ECU side. Just pull the harness from the HX.

dude my b16 jumped timing like two teeth and it bent all the valves on the intake side and it still ran have it checked out befor you put it in your new car

Back