Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

insaneCRX90

:whatafucktard: i got my hands on a dohc non vtec from a 91 prelude si. can i put it in my 90 crx. if i can, how. please help me out

i twill take a lot of work ... but it is possible
however it is not worth it... that engine has very little aftermarket support and basicly sucks
sell it and get a B16A SiR, B18A1, ZC, any of these will be a better choice

Dude, it will cost alot more $$ than its worth. Sell it and get a ZC, a ZC in a crx will beat that enigne in a crx. u sell it get 400, if that, buy a zc for 500-600 and u got alot better start. just trust me dont put that engine in ur car. NOT WORTH IT!

dude its da truth! the prelude motor aint worth puttin it into the crx.it will cost more to put the lude motor than to get a zc

so, im takin it that the prelude engine wasnt a great idea. thanks everyone who responded. now...i have a choice on gettin an auto b18..but i drive stick so would that suck ass to then???

if you have a 5 speed car just wait till you find a 5 speed swap ... if you get the auto B18 you will still need to find a tranny for it .. it will be less expensive to get it all at once

I know everyone is totally against the b20/21 swap from a prelude however i can get my hands on a wrecked one for 300 so i would like to know who has done this swap the motor runs fine it does have about 110k but it is in good condition and i can get everything i need trans ecu and all.so if anyone can help me please do.Thanks..

NOT WORTH IT...
the engine is DOG SHIT
it has no potential
its a bitch to make it fit
it will require a bunch of customization because no one makes anything for it, BECAUSE ITS SHIT
save your money and get a real engine

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 30 2003, 01:42 PM
NOT WORTH IT...
the engine is DOG SHIT
it has no potential
its a bitch to make it fit
it will require a bunch of customization because no one makes anything for it, BECAUSE ITS SHIT
save your money and get a real engine

You can always tell when the veteran members have answered one to many of these questions in a day:

I want to run 11's on ______ with stock internals. (Insert D series motor).

Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 30 2003, 07:48 PM
You can always tell when the veteran members have answered one to many of these questions in a day:

It isn't even funny how many people ask the same thing in the same thread,or two threads apart,or ask it then get it shot down then post another thread,like the same people are going to miss it this time,and the fairy god motor is going to all of a sudden make it work.

dont diss on the preludes b20's im doing a b21 vtec with a pre sawp il see how it goes im working on it right now and i have encounterd alot of lil problems but its notthing that a lil duck tape cant fix....

Originally posted by Nerologic@Jan 30 2003, 09:44 PM
i have encounterd alot of lil problems but its notthing that a lil duck tape cant fix....

That is so the wrong idea.Do your swap right and one that is worth it,you will be so much happier in the end.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 30 2003, 01:57 PM-->
@Jan 30 2003, 07:48 PM

It isn't even funny how many people ask the same thing in the same thread,or two threads apart,or ask it then get it shot down then post another thread,like the same people are going to miss it this time,and the fairy god motor is going to all of a sudden make it work.

No Kidding, I can't count how many times I hit f5 in a day on the main page of this site.

Like I'm going to miss a thread because 15 people posted and knocked it off the leaderboards... yea right.

yo the duct tape part was a joke man...im doing everything right bro and the lil ish that comes up can be solved with modifications/welding...

Back