Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xsiteg

i have a b16a2, and a chipped skunk 2 chipped p28, will vtech work right with this combination, after i bought the motor and stage 2 clutch i am out of money.

well if you have a B16A2, then no since it is obd2 and a chipped p28 is good for running an obd1 engine without other modifications. but if you have a b16 sir II then you are good to go.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 25 2003, 09:54 AM
well if you have a B16A2, then no since it is obd2 and a chipped p28 is good for running an obd1 engine without other modifications. but if you have a b16 sir II then you are good to go.

WTF?? THe motor is not OBD1 or 2, only the wiring harness, distributor, injectors, and ECU effect OBD issues. And you don't have the info to call his motor OBD1 or OBD 2.

For xsiteg, what car are you putting it in and why are you buying things if you don't know if they will work together?

Originally posted by solblu+Feb 26 2003, 06:48 PM-->
pills_PMD
@Feb 25 2003, 09:54 AM

WTF?? THe motor is not OBD1 or 2, only the wiring harness, distributor, injectors, and ECU effect OBD issues. And you don't have the info to call his motor OBD1 or OBD 2.

B16A2=OBD II,unless it EDM then it can be OBD I,like mine.The guy isn't asking about swapping injectors or distributor,he wanted to know if the ECU will work.But yes the car would be good to know what harness he is trying to plug it into.

Back