here's what i'm thinking of doing...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
a guy here at work has "EMAIL" as his plate. lol nerd

This will be mine when I register the CRX:

license.jpg

Also found a similar one that I might use instead:

DSCN0988a.jpg

:ph34r:

TYPE-II NIGGA!

we have one of those rats down here

You're not even comparing similar classes of cars.

In 5 or 10 years I would not be ashamed to be seen mobbin' a '95 300ZX TT.

Same goes for that M3.

Celerity says "Man, you got an opinion for everything"

Go for the M3 Brian, and get yourself one of each of the following:

1) Boomerang

2) Pager Alarm

3) A single surveillance camera and monitor for your garage (how you'd hook that up in a condo I Don't know)

Get serious about security. If you'd had a pager alarm on the STI when it got destroyed you would have caught the punks in the act and had your way with them.

It's a small price to pay for piece of mind.

But ya, that M3 kicks ass, and the Si would be a great daily driver. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of my 3 cars and picking up a stage 3 SRT-4 and a beater of some sort (like a stock DX) as well. Ah well, who knows.

bah, i dunno wtf im doing...

getting back in the sti tonight... i kinda... missed it....

of course, a civic cx with 2 spark plugs removed is more enjoyable than driivng an s10... but hey, what do i know...

Quoted post[/post]]
bah, i dunno wtf im doing...

getting back in the sti tonight... i kinda... missed it....

of course, a civic cx with 2 spark plugs removed is more enjoyable than driivng an s10... but hey, what do i know...

well i can tell you that you do know how to drive an s10 into a snowbank and complain like it is a 20ft box truck :p

I don't think I could see myself buying a car thats 9 years old, a year away from hitting 100,000miles and still $16,000 regardless of the car.

For this reason and the impracticality of the RWD in the snow is why I bought the WRX. If winters weren't so bad and the car wasn't so damned expensive even when a good portion of its life has been used, I would be driving a M3 - more than likely the coupe though. :)

I love that idea... I would so do it if i could. You have a concensus here.

:buyanm:

(but you know the prelude would be right next to the M in the garage)

yeah, its a lot of cash for a used car--- but thats what they go for...

in a year if i dont want it anymore, i can probably sell it with 120k on it for 14,5 or something

M3s and S2000s Some of the smartest caras you can buy. both go for INSANE amounts of money for their age.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, its a lot of cash for a used car--- but thats what they go for...

in a year if i dont want it anymore, i can probably sell it with 120k on it for 14,5 or something
I think thats a good investment if you think that the car will hold the value that well and not be raped in value by the new M series.

I had the option of picking up a '96 M3 with 8x,xxx miles with some super bling chrome wheels for $13,xxx before I bought the WRX. I just figured insurance, maintenance, parts, mileage, and price were all too high for a used car with all those miles when I simply could get the WRX that has modern day technology that has more or less caught up to the older M series even though it doesn't offer the luxury that the M does, it offers a lot of the performance plus AWD. The clincher was the car being RWD and living in NJ.

My friend that has the MR2 turbo with a lot of work done, garages his car for the winter months and drives a cheap civic beater around - I don't see that as being very much fun.

well thats sorta the plan. take the beater to work so if it gets smashed out again, i won't really care... leave the m in the garage. take it out when im out on weekends and no going anywhere in particular... or parking...

Quoted post[/post]]
M3s and S2000s Some of the smartest caras you can buy. both go for INSANE amounts of money for their age.

I could be wrong here but I thought S2k's were dropping like bricks now.

...and all german luxury holds its resale after a few years quite well. It may lose value quickly but then it retains a high value when much of its life has already be used.

An example, a '94 325i with 100,000 miles will sell for about $6,000 around here. Its 12 years old, has been used for 100,000 miles of its life and still retains a good amount of value given its retail price new.

Quoted post[/post]]
well thats sorta the plan. take the beater to work so if it gets smashed out again, i won't really care... leave the m in the garage. take it out when im out on weekends and no going anywhere in particular... or parking...

If thats for you, go for it.

I just wouldn't be able to stand going from the ///M to the Civic, it probably would frustrate me. I'm dying now that my car is in the shop and I got used to driving it and now I'm back to driving another car.

Then you have to factor in the added cost of insurance and maintenance on two cars. Its like having an extra monthly payment even if it is only ~$100. So in the long run you're out an extra ~$1200 just for insurance purposes of having two cars versus one car.

This car probably isn't good enough for you, but have you thought about a Lexus is300? I'm not sure what they sell for and I hate that they're automatic but atleast they have paddle shifts (I believe, or some form of shifting rather than triptronic) but they're gorgeous cars that are AWD. ****Okay, so I suck. I though they were supposed to be like an AWD Supra but apparently they're not offered in AWD? So that kind of blows that idea.

Back