hmm I have an idea!alternative oil source

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Get an oil pan from a junk yard and convert that one. If you mess it up, no harm done.

Much easier than finding a box, welding bungs to it, finding a mounting point for it, and mounting it up correctly. You add weight and other issues.

I would guess that the oil would get incredibly hot after a while with no cooling available to it.. which would overheat it and cause damage to the turbo. When you run it off of your oil pan you are pulling warm, filtered oil that is temperature regulated. Which is ideal.

well tanks guys specially for not calling me a retard or something "like it happens on other forums" yes u guys are right I should just forget about that stupid idea haha it just seemed like something more original and weird, I guess ill buy another pan and do it or buy a pan that has done already. tanks to everyone coz I almost began welding that stupid box haha

well tanks guys specially for not calling me a retard or something "like it happens on other forums" yes u guys are right I should just forget about that stupid idea haha it just seemed like something more original and weird, I guess ill buy another pan and do it or buy a pan that has done already. tanks to everyone coz I almost began welding that stupid box haha

You could pick up a Moroso pan. ~$100 and it's already done for you. Get some thread sealer, put it on the end of your fitting, bolt it in, throw the line on, and go.

61.jpg

Does no one make a spacer for the stock oil pan? My returns go into my oil pan spacer.

I've never seen that on a Honda. That is a pretty cool idea, though. Adds some oil capacity too, I take it?

hi huys I was planning on getting an ls swap on a civic eg hatch then boosting it, the thing is... I wanted to do an alternative oil source for the turbo, is that possible? coz I dont wanna tap into my oil pan its just not gonna happen... I was thinking of maybe a steel box or something like that full of oil and just put the lines rite there, Im just a big nub when it comes to turbo so please try to explain slowly haha like if I am retarded

how will that work, the turbo dose not have a oil pump and any thing not off a pressure outlet wont have pressure and no oil to turbo. Its a idea though but if you add a oil catch can and oil cooler it would be the same thing almost cause your motor always has semi cool oil flowing.

how will that work, the turbo dose not have a oil pump and any thing not off a pressure outlet wont have pressure and no oil to turbo. Its a idea though but if you add a oil catch can and oil cooler it would be the same thing almost cause your motor always has semi cool oil flowing.

ya I know what was I thinking? stupid stupid idea:rolleyes:

I am going to be turbo'ing my a6/y8 STOCK engine and I was wondering if you guys have a picture of where the bung needs to be in the oil pan. Sorry if this is thread-jacking, but I figured since you guys were already talking about tapping the oil pan that this is the place to ask.

First really old post. Second: The top of the deepist part of the oilpan. If that makes sense

Back