Hockey

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

I went to an AHL hockey game tonight @ the Nassau Colisuem. It was fucking awesome to see a game after so long. The place was sold out, and we set a record for the 10th largest capacity crowd at an AHL regular seaon game.

I hope this lockout doesn't go into next season man. I dunno what I'll do if that happens. Maybe pick up NASCAR <_<

....on second thought, I'd rather learn how to knit a sweater than watch f'n NASCAR!
Give me hocke or give me death.

I've been playing ice hockey since I was 11, and even though im still young (20) I think that it is still the best sport ever.

I must point out that, of all the lockouts throughout history this years NHL has been the only lockout to cancel an entire season. I think its been proven that hockey has the most passion in a sport. wanna know why?

Because with all the other lockouts (NBA, MBL[baseball?], and NFL) the hockey lockout has been the only lockout where players have actually had the passion to keep playing the game during the misfortunate times..

Even though the NHL has been locked out since the fall, most of the NHL players have been playing for european or canadian teams. Instead of just sitting on their ass bitching for more money, they have been playing the game like its supposed to be played. I think by far that, hockey players are the least greediest [is that even a word?] players found in the USA.

Enough said, hockey is the shit, and I hope that they continue with another season.

:)

Originally posted by dveit+Feb 19 2005, 04:46 AM-->
Enough said, hockey is the shit, and I hope that they continue with another season.

:)
[post=463068]Quoted post[/post]​

Well said my friend....agree with you 100% on that one.

Blanco
@Feb 19 2005, 05:47 AM
And on that note, I'm glad to finally see someone put their foot down and stand up to whiney, over-paid professional athletes. Everyone has the right to fair pay for their work, but come on...you get paid seven figures to play a freaking game, don't bitch about it. The NHL is now the only (major) professional sports league that I have any amount of respect for.
[post=463069]Quoted post[/post]​

Average hockey player made 1.8million last year. Thats nothing compared to basketball and baseball where these assholes are make double that for doing less than 1/2 the work.
Dont get me wrong. I'm not siding w/ the players, cuz I think it was partly their fault we're in this mess. (At the end it came down to the difference between 1.8 and 1.3million avg. salary) I just don't think NHL players are over paid (whiney maybe but not overpaid). Yes it is a game, but its one of the toughest games out there, and in my opinion I think NHLers should be the top payed players of all major sports

but the nhl will most likely never be the same. i think alot of the canadians and eurtopeans are going to stay where there playing now, rather than coming back here to the nhl.

Originally posted by Blanco@Feb 19 2005, 06:47 AM
And on that note, I'm glad to finally see someone put their foot down and stand up to whiney, over-paid professional athletes. Everyone has the right to fair pay for their work, but come on...you get paid seven figures to play a freaking game, don't bitch about it. The NHL is now the only (major) professional sports league that I have any amount of respect for.
[post=463069]Quoted post[/post]​

huh i wish i got paid like five figures to surf hs

Back