Home Made ITB's.........pretty cool

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

well, not sure if this is a repost but oh well..

check this link out HomeMade ITB's

I found it pretty interesting, considering the fact that it's much much much cheaper than your TODA iTB's......

I have heard of a few people doing this lately. I wish I had the skills to even try to attempt this.

my freind is going to be doing this either this week or the next. He has everything he needs except his bike ITBs which havn't came in yet. He should get them sometime this week. He is going to have one bad ass b18b. Crower 404 cams (already in, and makes his car extremly fast) and then the ITBs. It is going to be sweet.

^^ cool, post up on how he ends up doing. As far as tuning and any problems that he encountered on the way.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 14 2004, 10:30 PM
^^ cool, post up on how he ends up doing. As far as tuning and any problems that he encountered on the way.

sure. I will tell him to post here when he is done. He will be tuning with greedy E-Manage. He posts here sometimes under the name StyleTeg, and if anyone is on Team-integra, he is a mod there.

Originally posted by Jeef@Mar 14 2004, 08:49 PM
I have heard of a few people doing this lately. I wish I had the skills to even try to attempt this.

its not hard at all man...ive already gotten mine done ive just got to put my bottom end together and drop the engine back in the car...im going to post up some pics as soon as i get it in the car...

Thanks Colin :)

Yeah, I plan to document everything. Hopefully if money allows, I will be able to do a tuned with 404s + stock mani / TB / 3in Intake vs a 404s + ITBs.

The ITB's are coming off of a GSXR 9XX, and I am using a B20 manifold since it has slightly larger and straighter runners than the LS IM.

I was searching around through HT, and noticed some peep made 18WHP!!! over his stock longblock B16, with no tuning at all........with a chipped ecu........pretty fucking good considering the cost of the ITB's..........shit is going for like under 100 bucks on ebay......WOW :eek:

i wonder what he did with the IAT and IACV. and also where he routed the various vacuum lines, ie pcv, etc.

what do you plan/are you doing with these StyleTEG?

I think I am just going to block the IACV off, and deal with the hunting idle.

The IAT I will attach somewhere near the front of the air horns, as long as its the general right temp it will be fine.

I am going to tee all four TB's for vaccum, and run them to a centralized vaccum box. (out of welded steal). Run the Map sensor and FPR off that.

I will run the brake booster by welding a nipple onto one of the injector holes.

Originally posted by StyleTEG@Mar 14 2004, 11:22 PM
I think I am just going to block the IACV off, and deal with the hunting idle.

The IAT I will attach somewhere near the front of the air horns, as long as its the general right temp it will be fine.

I am going to tee all four TB's for vaccum, and run them to a centralized vaccum box. (out of welded steal). Run the Map sensor and FPR off that.

I will run the brake booster by welding a nipple onto one of the injector holes.

wow styleteg.... i like your thinkin. let us know how it all works out. im very interested in doing this. i mean if you can get some serious hp gains for like 200 bux invested. shit you are kinda dumb for not trying. big ups

yeah no shit

homemade ITB's $350 give or take after all necessary parts, etc..

Toda ITB's what are they at now?? $2500 some shit like that??

I would definetly give the homdamade ITBs a fighting chance........the dyno that a kid got with his b16 on HT,,,,,,,the fucking midrange was almost unreal for a oem b16 longblock with NO TUNING....

I just cant wait to here what ross's (styleTEG's) setup sounds like. Every vid I see, the ITBs sound so bad ass.

if you go on honda-tech.com under all motor and do the search,,,,,it's on their,,dont' have the link currently off hand..

Keep in mind ITBs are not as simple as bolting on a header and driving off.

You really need to have some sort of tuning, a full stand alone would be best. Honda uses a map sensor, but ITBs really don't function well because they don't build up a lot of manifold pressure. This causes the ECU to see little difference between different degree's of part throttle.

So you can easily tune for WOT, part throttle really becomes the issue. You no doubt have to end up running overly rich, and somewhat dogish unless you have some sort of management to tune via the TPS or even run a MAF.

I will be using e-manage because I already have it, but if I had to do it again I would go with an EMS because not even hondata has great methods of tuning with ITBs.

yeah, i read that the best way to go, obvisouly and not surprised, is with a standalone......but still considering the fact that your getting a standalone, ITB's, and dyno time for under 2k........still a bargain from where i stand.

:thumbsup:

Back