Home Owners Club Addition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There are two reasons i want to get married.

1) because it's one chick for life and i'll never have to worry about STDs (obviously she has to be faitful)
Distant 2) Dual income

1) because it's one chick for life and i'll never have to worry about STDs (obviously she has to be faitful)
Distant 2) Dual income

Dual income is a very nice feature of a marriage.....i woulda thought your #1 would be the #1 reason NOT to get married

Distant 2) Dual income
I'm going to milk this dual income no kids status as long as I possibly can.

I have never had an STD and now being married I never intend to have one.

That's awesome.

After reading Nick's thread, it reminded me that I didn't post anything about the house that the wife and I bought earlier this month. We're in McKinney, TX which is a little farther from my work than I'd like to be, but anything within 15 miles of the office seem to be a lot older and we just haven't seen anything that we were really interested in until this house.

This is the first house we put an offer in on and initially put in a full price offer. Two other parties also put in offers, so we decided to go 10k over asking to try and get the home. We were told that we didn't get it, but it wasn't under contract because the seller and buyer were negotiating something. Three days later we get an email from our agent that the negotiations fell through and we now had the opportunity to resubmit our offer. Put in the same offer and had it accepted.

We just closed on October 9th, and I'd say were about 75% moved in at this point. Hopefully another week or so and we'll have everything unboxed and in place.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/b18bcivic/15608819132/in/set-72157646597333854/

The house is only 3 years old, inspection found just a few small fixes necessary. Hopefully its a while before we have to do anything major to the home.

First thing on my list is finishing the media room which is picture 16. Its already pre-wired for surround sound, and has electric in the ceiling for the projector. I need to get behind the wall covering and see if its wired for video as well. I just ordered a row of 2 theater seats for the upper level and a row of 3 for the floor. Still need to order the projector, looking at getting a BenQ HT1075 as it gets great reviews for being under $1000. Based on the size of the room, I'm thinking my screen should be in the 90-100" range. Need to do something to black out the window before mounting the screen. Also need to look at painting the room something darker, thinking brown or maybe a navy blue.
Holy crap, beautiful house! That would cost $2.5 million over here!

I painted my media room "Knight's Armor" I got it at Lowe's. It's like a dark grey color that looks really nice and goes really dark when it's just the projector.

We need a house subsection for the members lounge.

Nice house. For a 130k more than I paid for my house and much more house.

Our home was over $300k and in need of s total gutting. We replaced damn near everything.

Location location location, you have 3 times the house we have. Yet ours is worth more :)~

Chances are we will move to tx at some point. Most likely hill country north of Austin. Or San Antonio.

congrats on the house. Welcome to the homo club.

Location absolutely plays a huge part in the home market.

Even in the area of Preston Hollow where we were living before we got this place, was way more expensive. For 330k, we'd be looking at a home probably around 2000-2500sq ft that was built back in the 50s.

But you'd only be about 15 minutes from downtown Dallas.

Austin and hill country are awesome, though Austin is quite a bit more expensive than Dallas. We've already gone down to Austin twice while I've been here. Looking forward to going next spring which is supposed to be the best time to visit hill country.

I love being a member of the homo club.

First part of the media room has arrived!

10639617_10154803071390424_462630217214085183_n.jpg

i don't have 5 friends i watch movies and sports with. i'd rather have a couch and two or three chairs. still cool as shit though. :thumbsup:

Yeah. NJ. 3100Sq ft. Built in 1974 nd upgraded in 2000's. $550k and that was about $50-75k under the appraisal and true market value as it was a relo.

I would say you did well. Very well.

It's taken me a while, but I've finally got around to mounting the projector and screen. 92" screen with a BenQ HT1075 projector.

10615469_10154935919910424_5013596568006041668_n.jpg
10511267_10154937412720424_1158821401674997800_n.jpg

I still need to paint the room eventually, and also need to deal with the window behind the screen. I'm thinking of buying some blackout material that I can velcro around the window frame and then hang a curtain that matches the color of the wall once we paint it.

That would be a $900k to $1.2m house here. Easily. Nice purchase.

The market here sucks. I'm not sure I make enough money to buy a house here, most people who make what I do in the area rent, which isn't much cheaper if it is. Every affordable home is, or was a rental, or needs 25% of the value in work. $400k gets you a 1/4 acre lot, 2000sqft, and a halfway decent area.

Thank you! We're quite happy with it.

We have friends who are just moving from Denver to Seattle and are trying to find a home. Their main problem is she's going to be working in the Lynnwood area and he's looking at a couple jobs in the Bellvue area. So they've got to either find something in the middle or one of them will have a shitty drive.

Thank you! We're quite happy with it.

We have friends who are just moving from Denver to Seattle and are trying to find a home. Their main problem is she's going to be working in the Lynnwood area and he's looking at a couple jobs in the Bellvue area. So they've got to either find something in the middle or one of them will have a shitty drive.

Bothell is probably the best answer. I work in bothell and it's pretty much the mid point between bellevue and lynnwood. You can get great turn key homes around here for $300-$400k. Or you can go a little older and start around $250-$300k.

I believe that's where they're looking.

It'll be nice to have someone out there. I've never been to Seattle, but have always wanted to go. Once they're settled my wife and I will have a place to stay when we visit.

Back