Honda Bike Question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Actually in 2003 they did come out with a VTEC motorcycle, Honda Vtec Bike.

I dont know why because VTEC is for economy down low and power up top and its a goddamn bike. Ahhh well, i guess it sells better that way.

well VTEC can be made only for power!!!??
It's a sport bike = power, so VTEC can give this extra little "fun"!

http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/s...ModelId=VFR8004

I've seen quotes of 8 hours for a valve adjustment on the newer Vtec bikes some bike shops charge $60 every HALF hour you do the math

Do bikes really need Vtec? no not really. they get great MPG from the get go and the 1000cc NONE Vtec bikes put out 160+ HP

90% of the bike riders in this world WILL NEVER EVER PUT 160+HP to use on a bike
the other 10% are pros who race for a living

Better questions to ask is what is too much power for a steetbike?

p.s

The VFR800 "vtec" puts out 109HP the CBR 600 "none vtec bike" puts out 117HP

I bet the VFR gets better MPG =) since it is more of a "street" bike then a supersport street bike

You do understand that VTEC essentially changes cam profiles at higher rpms, right?

OK, with that in mind, a bike doesn't need to. As mentioned above, a bike doesn't need great mileage. A bike already makes much more power in the higher rpms.

Non VTEC engines can be made just as powerful as a VTEC engine. The main reason for VTEC is to retain low end economy, driveability, idle, and top end power in the same package. Great for a daily driver car.

Not many people ride their bikes at low RPM's to save on gas. If I had a streetbike, it would be at redline often.

I want a bike.
but i was just wondering why they didn't put the VTEC technologie into there bikes. Thanks alot for the information.

I'm probably getting a CBR 600 F4I or a CBR 600 RR for my first bike. Even if some people think that's not intelligent getting a 600CC for a first bike.

vtecfownz.jpg

Originally posted by ovcrash@May 28 2004, 08:54 AM
I want a bike.
but i was just wondering why they didn't put the VTEC technologie into there bikes. Thanks alot for the information.

I'm probably getting a CBR 600 F4I or a CBR 600 RR for my first bike. Even if some people think that's not intelligent getting a 600CC for a first bike.

Two words immediately come to mind: ORGAN DONAR

I guarantee within 6 months, we'll be hearing stories about this guy wrecking his bike.

Back