Honda of Annapolis service and other dealerships Rant.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yet, you are clearly pissed off about it.

This makes me laugh, really, it does.

Pissed off about an oil cap, no, pissed of that a guy wont even give it a 2nd thought that maybe just maybe his staff isnt perfect. Yes.

Again oil cap is nothing special I might even have an extra B series cap that might fit it, if it fits a K series motor? but the oil cap we have works fine its just cracked/broke on one side. Still seals fine.

i'm in super NO VA. i like anderson sunoco in arlington. the owner won't even let others give quotes.
avoid mr tire in arlington. this one dude left a rubber mallet wedged in my hoses and most of my oil change oil ended up on my valve cover. and another place left a chicken wing on my friend's engine.
mazda dealer in fairfax by gmu is garbage w/ electrical problems, even w/ mazdas.
MB auto in fairfax can't fix oil leaks, among other things.

thats the kind of service you get at a dealer.
the wifes car has a recall on it right now. im terrified to take it to have it done.
been putting it off.

well, i took her car in for the recall.
i regret it.

pick it up and drive home. we live maybe 4 miles from the dealer, took back roads and didnt get over 35mph.
she drives it to church sat morning and gets above 50, and hears something scraping on the ground.

i look at it when she gets home, theres a huge scratch (more of a giant scrape really) on the front bumper right where it starts to curve under and the plastic piece under the bumper in front of the wheel is hanging down dragging the ground.
looks like somebody drove onto a curb when trying to park. and having worked at this dealership, i know that the curbs there are higher than needed and very easy to hit.

so, took it up there today, they put it on the lift. he brings me out there and pulled the plastic down and said "theres no way that this could have caused the scratch on the bumper"
i was like "no. im thinking that that piece was either not bolted back up, or if it was, it was ripped back down as a result of hitting whatever caused the scratch."

so, he took some pictures, and is going to walk around and look at the curbs to see if theres any paint on any of them :roll: and then get back to me.

basically, i'll be calling the owners of the dealership in a week because they are going to deny. then, i'll be calling the service rep for our region from mazda.
unlike jeffie, this isnt a $7 oil cap. and im not happy about it at all.

well, i took her car in for the recall.
i regret it.

pick it up and drive home. we live maybe 4 miles from the dealer, took back roads and didnt get over 35mph.
she drives it to church sat morning and gets above 50, and hears something scraping on the ground.

i look at it when she gets home, theres a huge scratch (more of a giant scrape really) on the front bumper right where it starts to curve under and the plastic piece under the bumper in front of the wheel is hanging down dragging the ground.
looks like somebody drove onto a curb when trying to park. and having worked at this dealership, i know that the curbs there are higher than needed and very easy to hit.

so, took it up there today, they put it on the lift. he brings me out there and pulled the plastic down and said "theres no way that this could have caused the scratch on the bumper"
i was like "no. im thinking that that piece was either not bolted back up, or if it was, it was ripped back down as a result of hitting whatever caused the scratch."

so, he took some pictures, and is going to walk around and look at the curbs to see if theres any paint on any of them :roll: and then get back to me.

basically, i'll be calling the owners of the dealership in a week because they are going to deny. then, i'll be calling the service rep for our region from mazda.
unlike jeffie, this isnt a $7 oil cap. and im not happy about it at all.

Only reason I'm annoyed is how dealerships just say no to everything.
There's no way our people could have ever do anything wrong, even if you saw it happen, it still didn't happen.

F dealerships.

Old thread I know but it reminded me of how my fiance brought her car into the local Honda dealership last Saturday to get an oil change on her Civic. She doesn't drive much, she works a mile from home and we didn't drive it much in the last week. We were getting the car loaded up to go away for the night. She backed the car out of the garage and there was a puddle of oil. The drain plug was dripping, the oil pan is full of oil near the plug. I was able to easily move the drain plug. I was able to tighten the bolt but it didn't take much to get it tight. I am wondering if the dumb fuck forgot to tighten the drain pan bolt or crossthreaded the bolt. I didn't have my jack at my condo to get under the car and I can only see a little from the front and the side of the drain pan so I can't really inspect it. For now I am withholding the dealerships name to see how they will be handling this. They also left grease foot prints all over the mats and the door panel. They already said they are detailing the interior. My garage floor is ruined with a big oil stain now. Now I get to drive her to work, go to an autoparts store to get oil for her car. Then I am going to dealership to rip new asshole to service manager and then make them inspect the oil pan.
I am pissed that they can not even do an oil change properly. Other than changing wiper blades its got to be one of the easiest maintenance items to do.

Old thread I know but it reminded me of how my fiance brought her car into the local Honda dealership last Saturday to get an oil change on her Civic. She doesn't drive much, she works a mile from home and we didn't drive it much in the last week. We were getting the car loaded up to go away for the night. She backed the car out of the garage and there was a puddle of oil. The drain plug was dripping, the oil pan is full of oil near the plug. I was able to easily move the drain plug. I was able to tighten the bolt but it didn't take much to get it tight. I am wondering if the dumb fuck forgot to tighten the drain pan bolt or crossthreaded the bolt. I didn't have my jack at my condo to get under the car and I can only see a little from the front and the side of the drain pan so I can't really inspect it. For now I am withholding the dealerships name to see how they will be handling this. They also left grease foot prints all over the mats and the door panel. They already said they are detailing the interior. My garage floor is ruined with a big oil stain now. Now I get to drive her to work, go to an autoparts store to get oil for her car. Then I am going to dealership to rip new asshole to service manager and then make them inspect the oil pan.
I am pissed that they can not even do an oil change properly. Other than changing wiper blades its got to be one of the easiest maintenance items to do.

Don't worry, they use a special tool to torque the drain plug down, so there's no way it could be wrong. :rimshot:

Here's an update from me.

Honda of Annapolis misspelled my name. I now get junk mail under that misspelled name. Mostly for extended warranty for old cars like those radio adds for 100K miles on your car? no problem here's a warranty for you!

Also get other junk mail not car related, but mostly car related. All with that wrong name lol.

Thanks Honda of Annapolis for clearly selling my info.

they didnt sell your info. they sold the info of someone with a similar name to yours. honest mistake. :)

They confirmed that the guy didn't tighten the drain plug correctly. From what I gather they have a new guy working there. Atleast I had the right person look at the car to make sure that it was fixed properly. Schaller Honda still fucking sucks, they lack customer service skills. They have a few good people there but most of them could care less.

They lost 3 customers today. I bought my truck from them, even thought they lost their Chevy dealership, and I will not consider going to any of their dealerships for another vehicle. My fiance will not go back. Her mother brings her Civic and CRV there for service but will not anymore.

Last edited:
Ever since having the transmission fixed, the car has had what seemed to be a slightly low idle, it would idle smooth but was causing the car to vibrate as if it had solid enough mounts. Blip the throttle a tad and it would smooth out. Today I took the car to Hills Garage to have some new tires mounted and asked him to see if he could bump the idle a bit since it seemed too low. As soon as he got in the car he said the idle looked fine but the car felt weird, as if an engine mount is broke/missing/not installed correctly.

He put the car up on the lift and noticed right away that on the lower mount you could see where the bolt was before, now its moved over little bit causing the mount to hold the transmission/engine a bit low on the front side. He loosened the mount, lifted it and tightened the bolt down where the old marks had it.

He then looked at the motor from the top side, one of the bolts for the mounts were sticking up a tad bit. Wasn't sitting flush with the mount. He went to remove the bolt and noticed it took very little effort to remove it. Once it was out he noticed why it wasn't sitting flush, they added a washer to it. The bolts have built in washers so its pretty weird to find a washer on a washer.

Once the bolt was in his hands it was clear something was wrong. Looks like the bolt was too long, so they added a washer to add some length, on top of that it was still too long so they ground down the bolt a bit, on top of that there wasn't enough threads on the bolt so they went and made some new threads.

Why?

2 guesses.

1. Lost the bolt and grabbed what they could find and made it work.

2. Put a shorter bolt into another mount and the longer bolt went into this one.... Rather then back track to the correct bolt they just made it work.

I'd bring this up with Honda of Annapolis but I'm sure it's my fault.
I will forward this to HoA and see if they care at all, but I doubt they will.

My advice to everyone, if you're going to get work done on your car, take it to jiffy lube or any other shaddy places, at least you know from the get go to double check their work. Why get a false sense of having the car in the right hands when clearly dealerships are no better then the quick lube places.

Big thanks for Nissan and Infiniti mechanic in Baltimore for making our car run smooth again.

315975_203466839725698_100001871518109_491270_854202914_n.jpg

312629_203466869725695_100001871518109_491271_1008552636_n.jpg

I went to e-mail this to Honda of America but they do not have an e-mail address. They do have a twitter......

Got a fast reply from Honda!

Please follow us and Direct Message your full name, address, phone#, VIN, and mileage so I may fully document this complaint.^RR

Took 5 minutes.

I want nothing out of this. I just want dealerships to start taking responsibility for their actions.

Yes, I would have loved for one of the local dealerships where my fiance bought her car from to be able to install windshield wipers and change the oil properly. Neither of these they can do.
Good luck with HOA

i had the fuel pump go out on my 330ci a few weeks back. dealership wanted $967 including parts and labor.

i ordered mine on amazon and swapped it out in a little over an hour. cost me $160.

i find it interesting taht you took it to a nissan place to check on a honda. next time buy her an altima.

i had the fuel pump go out on my 330ci a few weeks back. dealership wanted $967 including parts and labor.

i ordered mine on amazon and swapped it out in a little over an hour. cost me $160.

Glad to see they made a slight change to the design of the 3 series fuel pump system from the E30... I had to solder the wires onto mine :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

damn Jeffie.
that's a major safety issue if you ask me....they should definitly be compensating something or at least make the dealership write an apologie letter..

i find it interesting taht you took it to a nissan place to check on a honda. next time buy her an altima.

Main thing was having a lift.

Besides he spent many years working for Honda. He has all kinds of Honda and Nissan stuff up on the walls.

damn Jeffie.
that's a major safety issue if you ask me....they should definitly be compensating something or at least make the dealership write an apologie letter..

Just hearing that they could have torqued down the drain plug would make me happy.

I'm not looking for anything else.

Back