Honda Rot - Temporary Solutions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Youll prally have more help if you start another thread of your own. But there are ppl here who have welded panels before, with good results. Some, pretty recently.

It's always funny to see one of your own threads rise from the dead! :D

To start a new one, you just go into the appropriate forum, and then click the "Create New Thread" button at the top left...

i work in a body shop and have done these types of repairs daily. some of the stuff mentioned in this thread are accurate. my suggestion would be if its smaller than a quarter i would just clean what rust you can off and spray with rust converter like mentioned. if it is any bigger you will want to try and patch it with bondo, (most likely the rust will come back. the best option would be to cut all the rust out and make a patch panel or buy the wheel arch's as mentioned and have someone weld it in... what i would do is have someone who can weld/somewhat body inclined and cut it out and replace it. its your best option and you should only do it once and done.

Hard to really make a call without seeing the severity of the rot or its location.

Hard to really make a call without seeing the severity of the rot or its location.

Thanks for the response man. Just so everybody knows, the car in question is actually no longer in my posession. Feel free to keep the thread going though, as I'm sure this is a topic that other people will be researching as well...

Back