Hondaswap.com donations to the Red Cross

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

we got together at compusmart and sent $500 into the red cross, $100 from each of us :)

Well..I sent $10.00...Not much but I already donated $100.00 to the red cross thru my wifes job..

GOD BLESS

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 2 2005, 10:37 AM
in a day or two, 100's more people could be dead.

the sooner the cash gets to them, the better.
[post=548760]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey guys, this is so true! I live in Alabama and just got back to Jasper where i live from spending two days in Mobile, Al{where i grew up and where my brother still lives} and one in Biloxi, MS....and i can tell you this is a HORRIBLE situation! I will be going back Monday morning to help clean up and repair houses for those that are not able to do it for themselves, and for those lucky enough to even have a house to be repaired!! So yes, any money is VERY appreciated and welcomed, because we all talk about these motor swaps and shit done to our cars and all the money we have spent on them so share a little bit and make a HUGE difference in someone's life.....

damn he wrote Joevannie...lol.... You were supposed to write JOJO....lol

C'mon guys.....drop some money...Like he said before, it doesnt have to be much. Even $1 dollar helps.....

GOD BLESS

Come on guys, we need to hit at least 500.00, these people have NOTHING left...They are being taken to a different state with ONE bag of all that they own now. Think about it, they have worked 5, 10, 15, 20 years, some barely making ends meet, and they lose everything that they have worked for. Most of the people I have talked to in FL said they never intend of going back, they are just going to start a new life with NOTHING but a handful of items.

steve has left for a biz trip, so the amounts won't be updated as fast... but i assure you, we're getting them.

thanks to all who have dontated, and to those who have yet to but plan to-- either through us-- or on your own in some other way.

I'll donate another $15 when i get another check.
it's only 3-4% of my check, cmon people.

No more donations since I updated yesterday...

Thanks to all those that have donated thus far...

Holy christ socks!
My name isn't Antonio :unsure:
Well.. it is.. but make it Tony please. :p
Donate people!
IF you donate $30 or more, i will send you a bag of goodies!*

* Bag of goodies will not be shipped nor will they be created, the star indicates that i lied.

if i can gather up enough crap around here. Ill sell it on ebay and donate my profit. I gotta see what i have worth anything.

I put people's names by their name from Paypal. So if you don't like your name, then make sure you change it in paypal before sending it to me :)

I would send money but no checks or paypal my sister has paypal so ill see if I can give her 10 dollars to send...is this tax deductable? :p I am going to south carolina so my cash is grim so hopefully I can spare the 10 dollars..it might go down to 5 :(

Originally posted by Bob Vila@Sep 5 2005, 09:53 AM
I put people's names by their name from Paypal. So if you don't like your name, then make sure you change it in paypal before sending it to me :)
[post=549738]Quoted post[/post]​

:(

I'll donate 20 bucks, I'll give it to B or steve sometime when i am in town, since I dont have paypal.

Gas prices (close to 80 dollar fill ups), gf, and bills are killing me but I can spare 20 bucks.

The Hartford to Match Employee Contributions to Hurricane Katrina Relief

Updated: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:14:11 ESTHurricane Katrina hit the U.S. Gulf coast early the morning of Monday, August 29, 2005. The storm's immediate devastation and events in its aftermath have combined into one of the worst human tragedies in history.

"In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, The Hartford's primary responsibility is to account for and assist our employees and service customers," said Ramani Ayer, CEO and Chairman of The Hartford. "We must spare no effort, no resource in helping our colleagues and in quickly processing and paying claims. Thousands of families affected by this storm are relying on The Hartford to rebuild their home, businesses, and lives. We must be there for them.

"This particular storm, however, has triggered such unprecedented suffering that we have a responsibility - as corporate citizens and colleagues - to do more. Therefore, The Hartford will match employee contributions, dollar-for-dollar, to two reliable relief organizations. Additionally, a trust fund is being established to aid employees of The Hartford affected by this storm."

These two relief organizations - the American Red Cross and America's Second Harvest - are already on the ground in New Orleans, providing food, health care, temporary shelter, and medicine to those in need. These relief organizations are highly efficient in directing funds specifically to hurricane relief in the affected region.

Donations to these two organizations will be matched dollar-for-dollar, with no maximum. Gifts must be a minimum of $10.

Additionally, employees are welcome to contribute to a special fund for the benefit of employees and retirees of The Hartford affected by Hurricane Katrina. Contributions to this fund will be matched in the form of donations to the American Red Cross and America's Second Harvest.

Hondaswap donations will be matched dollar for dollar...

Wow. It would be great if we could get $500 together.

Back