Hondata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea OBDII is harder to crack and they havent succeeded, so swapping in an OBD I is the only way to use a Hondata system

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 27 2003, 04:14 PM
I could be wrong, but didn't Hondata just announce compliance with OBD2 systems?

Really? I havent checked the site in a while, i've decided to get AEM EMS

Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Feb 27 2003, 02:15 PM
Really? I havent checked the site in a while, i've decided to get AEM EMS

Yeah, I've got a GReddy Emanage system that's waiting to be installed.

I swear someone posted something in the Anything Goes forum a few weeks ago about Hondata's new S200 system being able to be used with OBD2 ECU's. Or it's just over the horizon.

just checked the site, yeah it seems that they made OBDII plugs for OBDI ecus to plug into OBDII cars

Originally posted by HondaMan_2002@Feb 27 2003, 04:15 PM
So what would be the best ECU to get if I am geting a B18C1 that is OBD2?

P72, thats a GSR's OBDI ecu, that would be perfect

are you going all motor? if so and you dont have money to get a hondata tuned then stick with an Ericks racing tuned ECU.... i do believe he is the number one ECU tuner right now, and he is also certified by Doug Macmillan [owner and creator of HONDATA] to tune hondata...

it all depends on what you want, dont get the hondata just to say, "i have hondata..." make sure you get it cause you need it. and remember once you get the hondata get it tuned properly by someone experienced

the dealer im getting it from is tuning it for me, believe me i need it lol... im running a p28 ecu on an h22a, lean much? yea. IMO hondata is also a good deal because of all the options for it and the things you get with it, like shift light and REAL vtec controller that changes the fuel maps with the crossover point.

hondata does not automatically change your fuel/ignition maps when you adjust the VTEC crossover using the pushbutton, nor if you change it in romeditor. you have to adjust manually if you want to.

i just spent like 4 hours playing around with romeditor and pocket programmer trying to get ready for tuesdays dyno appt.

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Feb 28 2003, 04:05 PM
the dealer im getting it from is tuning it for me, believe me i need it lol... im running a p28 ecu on an h22a, lean much? yea. IMO hondata is also a good deal because of all the options for it and the things you get with it, like shift light and REAL vtec controller that changes the fuel maps with the crossover point.

what are you doing about the IAB's?

you are loosing a shit load of power if you haven't:
a- activated them via p13 or p72 that controls it
b- removed it by swapping to an intake mani that doesn't have iab's

Back