hot tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pugarex

i raced a z28 and kept up with him all the way i got him by a lil bit and then a mustang 5.0 wanted to race me and i took him hard off the hole and then my 2nd gear wouldnt go in then all i hear is a monster mustang sound just pass me and then my gear goes in it took like three tries for it to go in by that time i said screw it i cant catch up could it be because my tranny got hot or are my syncros going bad. one of my friends said that its happened to him before and his tranny busted. he said drain the tranny and get some royal purple fluid and 2 qts of castrol motor oil and put the whole royal purple in it and then put 1 1/2 qts of motor oil. he said that worked for him and his tranny doesnt get hot.

would that be a good thing?

will it mess it up?

mtoor oil is recommended for honda trannies.....so why woudnt he? anyhow that being said if your not gonna run motor oil either run gm synchromesh or honda mtf either one should somewhat fix the prob but id say your synchros are shitting out and to take it easy on that bitch until u get the fluid changed out

Quoted post[/post]]
mtoor oil is recommended for honda trannies.....so why woudnt he? anyhow that being said if your not gonna run motor oil either run gm synchromesh or honda mtf either one should somewhat fix the prob but id say your synchros are shitting out and to take it easy on that bitch until u get the fluid changed out
+1 on oil being safe for the tranny.
+1 on using Honda MTF
It might help, but i'd expect more problems with it in the future... :cry:

one of my buddies did lucas gear oil and castrol motor oil and its fine.

1 qt of lucas high performance
1 1/2 of castrol motor oil

he did this on his d series tranny and now he did it on his b series

i went ahead and did the same he did.

i think this tranny is fucked because its still the same. i probably will get another one in a couple of months if i get a hydraulic one and get the haspor cable to hydro will that be ok or do you guys recomend a cable one which one should i get though i want short ass gears.

just get a cable tranny, they aren't hard to find, and you won't have to do any conversion.

how much do you think i will end up spending on a new jdm tranny would a j1 be ok in short gears or would i be looking at something else? i know thats not one with the shortest gears but its for the crx sir i think i should be ok with it unless i could find one better.

Back