how can i make 200 hp on a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jromeo17

im the proud owner of a 94 civic ex with a gsr swap.. i do wanna go faster but i dont want a turbo or supercharger. i heard of people making 250 and more all motor. im only asking for 200 and ill be happy.. please give some advice on things that i need.. thank you guys

Look into getting your head ported and polished...I have seen some really nice ported and polished heads on blueprintracing.com....change intake, bigger exhaust, bigger injectors, cams.....and since your doing all that it wouldn't be a bad idea to just rebuild your motor anyway....it might be a little expensive but it might get you there

You could probally do that with just a tune lol
Everything I have read is what I suggested....I was talking whp

I read that from Honda/Acura Performance by Mike Kojima....really good book if you like to read much I have found it very helpful

fd_7.jpg

Last edited:
thank you guys... im still gathering info. what are the best cams ? i hear skunk 2 , crower 402, rockets m22x , toda spec 1 .. im so lost... sometimes i wish i never started this...speed is a addiction

Last edited:
Shhhhh lol, Those are great ways... rep for you
Thank you....but I did fail to mention a tune which would make all those mods really help

thank you guys... im still gathering info. what are the best cams ? i hear skunk 2 , crower 402, rockets m22x , toda spec 1 .. im so lost... sometimes i wish i never started this...speed is a addiction

Even ITR cams wouldn't be a bad upgrade.....I would just do a lot of research on the different cams then decided which would be best for you

Last edited:
Shhhhh lol, Those are great ways... rep for you
Thanks you....but I did fail to mention a tune which would make all those mods really help

Even ITR cams wouldn't be a bad upgrade.....I would just do a lot of research on the different cams then decided which would be best for you

get some itbs you wont feel much more power.they can cost alot the only brand that i no that makes them is toda. then get some cams and you might beable to get 200hp. if not shave your head a lil bit

I thought Mike Kojima was more familiar with Nissans.

There's plenty of different manufactors that makes ITB besides Toda; Hayward Performance/Jenvey, TWM, Kinsler, J's Racing, even OBX has a setup. Also, if you're looking for more power, ITBs aren't always the best route to go either.

A K20 swap would get you around 200whp. :)

Otherwise; ITR pistons(or even CTR pistons), cai/h/e, intake manifold, cams(ITR or something more milder), and tuning should get you close to 200hp. My cousin is actually around 185-190whp with a LS/VTEC(GSR head), 82mm Wiseco 11.5:1 pistons, RMF header, Apexi N1 exhaust, AEBS intake manifold, AEM CAI, and tuning by RLZ.

Last edited:
I thought Mike Kojima was more familiar with Nissans.
It says on the last page of the book he is familiar with both Nissans and Hondas.

My cousin is actually around 185-190whp with a LS/VTEC(GSR head), 82mm Wiseco 11.5:1 pistons, RMF header, Apexi N1 exhaust, AEBS intake manifold, AEM CAI, and tuning by RLZ.
Do you know what size injectors? and how big his exhausts is? I am thinking one day LS/VTEC would be what I want and thats close to the amount of power I want

Back