How Dark Would You Go?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im gettin the windows tinted on my CRX soon, the legal limit is 50 but the cops really dont care that much about it... how dark should i go? how dark would you go? the crx is white by the way... im thinkin of sumthin like 10 or 15... not black but juss enough to see a shadow in there!

i think 10 or 15 is way too much, thats like fucking limo tint. my tint on the old eg was 35 i believe. it looked good. not too much

100% . . . i like to keep visability at its absolute best . . . and i thought 35% was the legal limit

I have 20% all around and love it. At night you don't have the stupid riceboys staring at you, but you can see very well outside. It doesn't reduce visablity hardly at all. With limo tine (15-5%) it's a danger because you might not see a person walking on a crosswalk if you're looking out your side window and it's 12am.

accordclean6.jpg

Legal limit depends on where you are. And you might change your mind about that if you lived where you get 340 days of sun a year. :)
Your legal limit should be fine, it will take care of keeping your interior cooler. You don't want or need drug dealer tint, it attracts the po po.

if you get a dark color on the back, Like mine i have 5% then get 20 or 35 on sides, it blends well and since the back is so dark it makes the rest look darker than it is. On my 4 door im doin 5% on back and 20% on the doors, oh and on the legal thing, ive never had a prob, cops around here dont bother u about tint unless ur being an ass to them and they just want to find somehting to give u a ticket for.

the question is, where do u live? if you live somewhere thats really sunny, get like 15%....over here in hawaii, everybody gets 15% because if you dont, you'll burn alive on a hot day....

My old Blazer had the deep factory tint in the back windows. It sucked to back up at night because I could barely see out the rear window.

My car came with 15 from the guy I got it from,and I am having it replaced with 35% as soon as I have time.This shit drives me nuts at night,can't see anything.

I went with 35% becasue I still wanted to be able to see out the damn windows at night. and the legel limit for tint in CT is 32% +/- 3.

When I get mine redone, I'm going with 30%....I think the limit here is 30-35. Tint sure is nice with a dark interior and 330 days of sunshine a year.

take your girlfriend in there and have sex, have someone outside look, if they can see you, go a little more darker. repeat until they can't see you anymore.

Originally posted by honda_mach3@May 19 2003, 09:32 AM
take your girlfriend in there and have sex, have someone outside look, if they can see you, go a little more darker. repeat until they can't see you anymore.

:lol:

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@May 18 2003, 07:35 PM
100% . . . i like to keep visability at its absolute best . . . and i thought 35% was the legal limit

It depends on location.

In New York, you have to have 70% light passing through. However, it only has to be the front two windows.

I agree with the no tint though. I'm not a fan of the way it looks... Also, I hate when I drive other people's cars, go to get out, and have to wait a year for the window to roll up (although if you didn't put power windows in your crx, you wouldn't have that problem). :unsure:

Back