How do I wire inline fuel pump?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

I picked up a used bosh inline fuel booster pump for my turbo project and it came with no directions of any. The wiring connections seem pretty straight forward... a positive and a negative. I am assuming it is going to be a switched 12v source. Anyone know where i can get a switched 12v source from near or around the battery area of the engine bay on a 92 dx hatchback? Thanks!! :worthy:

get out your voltmeter, hit it to the fuses around the battery area, then turn the car to the on position, and retest it.
if you dont have a voltmeter, use 2 wires and a lightbulb.

IMO, put it on ebay and get a walbro.

inline boosters are a pain in the as to install, you have to cut hard lines have the time, and even still, you're still ultimately limited by the stock fuel pump.

that, and wlabros are like 80 bucks. i don't see why anyone would even bother using anything else.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 17 2005, 10:01 AM
IMO, put it on ebay and get a walbro.

inline boosters are a pain in the as to install, you have to cut hard lines have the time, and even still, you're still ultimately limited by the stock fuel pump.

that, and wlabros are like 80 bucks. i don't see why anyone would even bother using anything else.
[post=500466]Quoted post[/post]​

Well the reason i was gonna use the inline is because that is what i have and i have a FMU for now. As for the walbro pump, if i use it should i use the fmu with it? also would i want the high pressure version(i plan on adding injectors down the the road and upgrading fuel managment)? Thanks!!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 17 2005, 03:44 PM
the 255 HP is the way to go IMO. it will work fine all motor, boosted, stand aloned, or fmu'ed.
[post=500605]Quoted post[/post]​

THANK YOU! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Back