How good are srp pistons and eagle rods??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

how good are srp pistons and eagle rods? are they good enough for 450whp on a b16 with a t3/t4?

i'd like to se the 450 whp b16 on a t3/t4 first....

but anyway...

you';re going to need sleeves to hold that if you want to last for more than a week

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 19 2005, 05:57 PM
i'd like to se the 450 whp b16 on a t3/t4 first....

but anyway...

you';re going to need sleeves to hold that if you want to last for more than a week
[post=448010]Quoted post[/post]​

im sticking with the t3/t4e up to approx 400hp and i may go t3/67 to get to 450whp thas why i asked if theyd be good for 450hp.

BTW im hoping i dont need sleeves many ppl are taking 500+hp on stock sleeves and their lasting.

putting out 400whp on stock sleeves is NOT a good idea; hell, using only forged pistons and rods is pushing the limits of what is wise...
is this going to be professionally tuned?

dosterschill

Originally posted by bvtec@Jan 19 2005, 12:48 PM
how good are srp pistons and eagle rods? are they good enough for 450whp on a b16 with a t3/t4?
[post=448002]Quoted post[/post]​

i put a b16 in an EG for this guy i met through my job and a week later he pieced together a full turbo kit with an FMU for fuel management...i put the kit on and it ran strong. then he went to a machine shop out here and had them put in SRP stock compression pistons along with Eagle rods and he blew that son of a bitch up the next day...anyway, my point is your main focus should be on tuning. i don't care how gernade proof you build your block...get the right fuel management and your golden...BTW he was running a t3/04B

Back