How In The Hell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zerosk8r455

I have started minor weight reductions to my car. I heard a/c removal was at the top of the list with power steering, and since i don't have power steering i decided taking out the a/c was the next appropriate thing to do. I've taken out my backseats already, taken out the jack, took off some of the paneling in the back. But how the hell do i remove the a/c? i dont' even know where to start. All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

the condenser and comp are first to go
next the lines and other than that you need to rip into your car to much to make it worth your while
you can also remove the factory sound deadening material with dry ice and a scraper

So the condensor and the "compressor" (i'm guessing that's what you meant by "comp) are the heaviest components of an air conditioning system? So those are the only 2 things i should worry about taking out?

for now yes ... the rest is hoses ant tubing for the most part .... get as much of it as you can but dont stress out too much over it

don't foget about the evaporator in the HVAC box under your dash, that has quite a bit of weight to it too. . . then sart on airbags, srs unit, and alot of other stuff that i'm not sayin :imgone:

some people even take out the bumper reinforcement beams from the front and the back BUT if you get into an accident you're fucked royally. you can say goodbye to your car, motor and you'll probably get jacked up pretty badly cuz the motor is more likely to come through the firewall. can you say your knees will be in your chest. :bash:

There is a lot of weight under the dash from the AC. Deffinately pull the AC stuff from your dash. If you are going all race pull the heater core and fan while you are at it. Honda made it all in an easy to remove box.

ya to sake out the air bag play with any "yellow" wires! :lol: :D :lol: :p but all honeslty be careful around the air bag wires.. and honestly don't play with any wiries connected to the steering wheel B)

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I have a new question. B)

When you remove the A/C system, don't you also have to change the belt? :blink:
I will soon be removing my A/C and power steering systems from my car because they are pretty much useless to me. :ph34r: I am currently removing my SRS system...because the bags already popped anyway, but that's a whole different story. :D

Peace, Theron <_<
:withstupid:

Yeah, about the beams in the bumper, i took mine out and luckly nothing happened. AC was the fun part to take out but i never removed the unit under my dash which i should of. You could also take out all Window wiper functions including wipers and just use rainX :) then when you remove all that shit you can upgrade your car with a GSR radiator (if you have a 92+hatchy and if you have a B motor you can get the oem CivicR N1 crank pully.

Milan

Back