how in the hell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

youngguns4x4

i finally got the problem figured out onmy b18 ef swap, b10and b12 wire were not touching the pins. so thats fixed, but i have 4 black dry spark plugs and the exhaust is still smoking, its not coolant either. any thoughts

Do a compression test, and a leak down see if you are burning oil... replace the plugs, wires, rotor, cap, wires?

i did a compression test all cyl. fine didn't do a leakdown yet but i'll give it a try, new plugs, cap, wires, rotors fine. its fine at start up and u drive it for about 2 minutes then it slowly starts smoking more and more. i know i aslo have a vacuum problem which i'm not sure if thats helping with the smoking, i can take a picture to show how i have the vacuum lines running. or if someone knows where a picture or has a picture of there vacuum line setup on the b-18a1 without the fuel evap.

Its only gonna smoke for a few reasons... bad rings, valve seals, bent valves... which would all give bad compression #'s and/or fail a leak down test./

true , but i know the kid i bought it from said supposedly it didnt smoke, cause he bought a total teg and was going to put it in his crx and the teg ran when he drove it off the truck. well he totalled his crx before he was able to put it in. i guess the leakdown will only tell, i just have not noticed any excess oil cons
umption

the son of a bitch is running now, its wierd sitting so compared to my truck. its funny becausemy friends that are into cars and shit have basically nothing done to there cars and i just picked one up and motor swapped it right away. i might have put 150 to 200miles on it before i did

Back