How many wires for a LS/Vtec setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraslut78

Stylus DJ Extraordinaire
Ok so I just got my LS/VTEC setup all done but the guy that did it for me only ran 1 wire. Now I went to another shop just to see how he did and they said there should be 4 wires. So how many should there be? I know I probably should have done a search but I am working graveyard shifts and I am too damn tired to do that. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you serious no one has responded yet. OK I know there are hella ( Yes I am from Nor Cal) smart people here someone needs to know this PLEASE HELP. Oh and could this be why I am throwing a CEL?

What do you drive...
I just did an lsvtec swap on my buddies 96 teg,...I'm too getting codes, I think one was (VTEC MALFUNCTION) or some shit...
so far I rewired the KNOCK sensor, and the press. switch..I dunno If I have to do the IAB too...I did kinda search here but not too sure....I think its 4 wires that need to be ran......

I'll have to get back to ya..Im heading back to my buddies garage now..As soon as i get rid of the codes i'll let you know exactly what need to be rewired...
another thing is, the car is running good, the only thing is that it only revs to 6800 rpm's....I think it has something to do with VTEC not kicking in, and check engine light,,....LIMP MODE... :(

Yeah it won't even let me pull the code I jump the 2 wires and the CEL just stays on so i don't even know what code I am getting. Please let me know. Thanks mang.
Oh by the way it's a 2001 Integra B18B1 bottom with a GSR head, oh and I am running OBD1. Hope that helps.

Ok Brian (pissedoffsol) and Brian11to1 and Calesta and Civicious where are you guys???????
I know that you know the answer.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Aug 20 2005, 06:36 PM
Ok Brian (pissedoffsol) and Brian11to1 and Calesta and Civicious where are you guys???????
I know that you know the answer.
[post=542913]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: IM lost too...lol

Thanks bro I appreciate it I think I have STUMPED HondaSwap. I have many views and no responses. I think I should win some money if I did stump everyone but that's impossible I know too many smart people are on this site. HELP. Someone has had to have done a LS with a GSR head.

you're leaving out a lot of details...
just for vtec you're going to have a total of 3 wires coming off the head. two come off the vtec pressure switch (green plug), one gets grounded and one goes to the ecu. then there is a single wire that comes off of the vtec selnoid that goes to the ecu.

if you're running the gsr intake manifold, then you're gonna have to run a few more wires for the IAB's as well as be running a p72 ecu to enable it.

if you're running a ecu that looks for a knock sensor, then you'll have to run that as well.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Aug 22 2005, 12:59 AM
you're leaving out a lot of details...
just for vtec you're going to have a total of 3 wires coming off the head. two come off the vtec pressure switch (green plug), one gets grounded and one goes to the ecu. then there is a single wire that comes off of the vtec selnoid that goes to the ecu.

if you're running the gsr intake manifold, then you're gonna have to run a few more wires for the IAB's as well as be running a p72 ecu to enable it.

if you're running a ecu that looks for a knock sensor, then you'll have to run that as well.
[post=543378]Quoted post[/post]​

Mang I think you have hit it right on the button it all makes complete sense what you just said I am only running 1 wire from my head which a guy told me at a different shop from where I had it put on that I wasn't getting my secondaries and my knock sensor is not hooked up therefore I now understand what this guy was talking about and you pretty much backed up what he told me. Now it must be the kncok sensor code I am getting cuz it's not hooked up it's just everytime I try to pull my code it just stays on and doesn't flash the code so I nned to take it in and make sure. I am running a P72 ecu OBD1 but NO SECONDARIES. Thank you guys very much.
You rock :p

Back