How similar are the p75 and the P05

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
will my b18b run on my CX ecu?,
So i can pull the ecu to install uberdata or crome on it? I haven't researched crome yet. does the ecu need to be in my car while i am tuning it?
I realize that the fuel mixture will definently be really lean.
Could i just tune my CX ecu and keep the p75 as a back-up.
I am tuning it in need of boost recognition.

With Crome or Uberdata it really doesnt matter as long as the car is OBD-1. You can change your fuel mixtures to suit your application. You just need a base line to do it.

both are obd-1. If i download/create .bin files, do they include the base line i need to run a b18b off an ecu from a d15b8. since i am boosting the engine am i going to use a whole different set of a/f maps in the first place.

Im not really sure...id say check around pgmfi.org

Im sure someone there has some baselines for an LS

yeah, I checked it out and compared, the ECUs are visually identical, so i figure i could just load up the .bin i need plus the p75 if i need it still.

throw the p75 map on the p05 ecu, and the p05 will act like the p75, so long as it has all the same features. i know the p06 dx ecu works... but i've never heard of the p05 being used. there might be something weird on the cx ecu.. i can't confirm that though.

the difference is the O2 sensor, the LS has a 4 or a 2 wire, and the CX has a single wire. so if i change that, it works just fine.

forgot about the o2 heater... yup- that should do it. i can't think of anything else that the cx has differently than the dx...

Back