How to count pin out on OBD1 P13 ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Roger

Not sure if I'm doing this right but do I count the pins across the ecu connector from left to right, looking at it from the wire side and counting 1,2,3.etc..? Just switched pins A6 and A11 (assuming the"A" connector is the largest one and has 26 pins)and the engine cranks but won't start. I swapped the 2 wires back in the stock position and the car starts fine but runs like shit.

more like this

1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23 25 27
2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22 24 26 28

Odds on one side, evens on the other. Use the wire guides to find out what color the wires are. I have found that if you know what color the wires on either side should be, it's much easier. If you are looking for space A12, find out what color A10 and A14 are. You can't miss that way.

Gallery O Helpful Pics

Thanks a lot Tab! By looking at your discription, it look like I swapped pins A11 & A23. I'll try this in the morning. :worthy:

I'm comparing my wires to the Chilton's manual but the wires are different color. On the book it says that A6 is Org/Black and the wire is red while A11 is supposed to be red but it's Org/blk on the car. All the other wires next to them matches the book. I'm also comparing the wiring diagram to the H22a1 but pins A6&11 have the same function as the Accord's.

If you are using a stock harness, use the wiring diagram for your car. This will help you find the correct pins.

Also, most of the colors should line up. So, use that information to determine what the pin locations are. If one color does not line up, it may be different in your exact model. Put the pins back to their original positions and go from there.

Is your car a 94-95 Accord? (90-93 accords do not require the pin switching).

<<<<<drunken posting last night, LOL

Yeah, its a 95 EX. I cross referenced all the wires on the A connector with your pics and the Chiltons, and it turns out that A6&11 were the only 2 wires that didn't match the colors mentioned in both wiring diagrams. I swapped them and the car runs fine now. I had to do some soldering since the pins were different sizes. Thanks for the help bro :D

Back