How To: Make your gauge cluster brighter and clearer.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know they do, i dont get why a bulb is pushing power to 2 more bulbs, but noone sells those little bulbs except for dealer probably cause i went around today and couldnt find them

OMG people. Do you not understand that the those are #194 bulbs?
The smaller ones are #74.

OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

sylvania said:
1991 HONDA CRX

Low beam headlamp
9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9006XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9006CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light
9006LL Long Life Halogen Upgrade: Lasts one and a half times longer

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Parking light
1157LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front turn signal
1156LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear turn signal

Tail light
2057LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Stop light
2057LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

High mount stop light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

License plate

Back up light

Front sidemarker
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear sidemarker

Dome light
DE3022

Step/Courtesy light

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3423

Instrument-general

Hi-beam indicator

Seat belt indicator

Brake warning

Directional signal indicator

Do you believe me NOW?

I never doubted you, I just asked what they were there for. I knew they were 194 bulbs, ive bought them many times for my truck

Also, not to be a dick but in the 89 civic, those instrument lights arent there lol

Last edited:
So i figured out that the bulb in the pic i have lights the gauges to. I took the 2 white ones out with the blue covers out and put green bulbs in. I now have green dash lights cause i took out the 2 tiny bulbs on top till i buy green ones for that.

What bulb is this for?
1110071400.jpg

That bulb is for lighting up the numbers on the gauge faces and the two bulbs it connects to on the top are T1.5 bulbs.

I know they do, i dont get why a bulb is pushing power to 2 more bulbs, but noone sells those little bulbs except for dealer probably cause i went around today and couldnt find them

You can find LED bulbs to replace the ones on top but it is hard to find the ones that are already in there unless u go straight to Honda or get them out of another gauge cluster.

great write up. i did it...changed it back thou. i thought this brightened up the numbers and stuff. this lights up the whole cluster. how do you get the back groung for the numbers brighter?

You can find LED bulbs to replace the ones on top but it is hard to find the ones that are already in there unless u go straight to Honda or get them out of another gauge cluster.

Not true. You can get those at pretty much any auto parts store. The trick would be finding the little gel covers that Honda puts over the bulbs.

But if you just want a replacement bulb, those are EASY to find. Just look it up in the lighting reference book like you would with any other light bulb on your car...

how many light up the back of the cluster? i think im gonna do this... red or green?

I had my cluster done up with red back lighting and blue front lighting and it looked pretty cool. I would say give green a try as it should be pretty cool as well.

well i took that diffuser and sanded the black off then buffed it to make the light go back through better and it looks pretty good red :D

I am on my way to do this right now, I want to replace it with LEDs. Are the numbers the same for the LED bulbs?

Back