HS Economy Stimulus Package

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

There's a lot of guys familiar with politics on this board. Myself, not so much. Only thing is, we mainly bitch and complain and give our opinion on what is best to do.

Let's say HS is Congress; what should we do to stimulate the economy? And, let's try to keep this civilized.

Back up and let a capitalist economy fix itself. And stop spending so much money in other countries.

nuc the middle east. save 1 billion a day in iraq.
cut foreign aid. sorry, we can't afford it any more.
close foreign US embasies. We have no right to be there anyway, and all that stuff costs millions per building. This will probably stop future wars.
stop printing money that doesn't exist. halt stupid over inflation, return to the gold standard.
impeach obama for signing the stimulus bill with money that doesn't exist... which means it's coming out of social security... which means, you voted for your own non-retirement.

hope you're banking $1000 a month from age 22 to 60 if you want to reitre at 60.

don't blame me, i told you all who to vote for............... no one listened :)

Back up and let a capitalist economy fix itself. And stop spending so much money in other countries.
/thread

the point of a capitalist economy is to let it play out.

unfortunately we like to give to the poor of our country. the point of capitalism is survival of the fittest. you can't have both.

cut spending... if its not directly related to our road system, our port system, or our defense (and maybe a few other things) stop spending federal money on it... let it be funded on the state, local, or private level

cut income tax across the board... let people keep more of their money and spend it as they see fit... the more people have to spend, the more businesses make, the more employees they need, the less you have to worry about joblessness and failing companies

lower the corporate tax... make it worth while for companies to stay here

allow failing businesses to fail... if they fucked up and lost all of their money, why is it a good idea to give them more? and if the banks wont lend to them, why should the american people be forced to?

stop giving money to other countries... we have enough problems and debts of our own, if you as a person are low on cash and need brakes for your car, you dont go buy your friend a flat panel TV... thats just stupid

start paying down our debts... if we arent borrowing money and arent spending as much of it, we will be able to pay the people we owe

stop printing money like its nothing... all that flooding the market with dollars does is make the dollar worth less

Last edited:
I agree with everything said so far.

As for voting Obama; how many states had Paul on the ballot anyways? I didn't vote btw; I'm sure I didn't miss out on anything.

Legalize pot. Tax the sale of it to high hell. Goodbye deficit. Hello surplus. Welcome back. social security!

Legalize pot. Tax the sale of it to high hell. Goodbye deficit. Hello surplus. Welcome back. social security!
I'm convinced the only reason it hasn't been already is because the best stuff isn't grow here or by our government. That is one area where those crazy Canucks have the edge over us.

Well, I'm unemployed. :p There's plenty of more people around here becoming unemployed. Just about everyone I worked with at my last job is now unemployed(BCP Caterpillar).

I think that if bush didnt sign the bailout for the banks then there wouldnt be anyone else wanting bailouts. Its the last thing he fucked up just to make the new president have to deal with and make his job more complicated.

Stimulus Payments Explained :) Stimulus Payment

"This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of Japan & China ?
A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.

If you spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.
If you purchase a computer it will go to India.
If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico,
Honduras, and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).
If you buy a car it will go to Japan.
If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan.

And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America. You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer and wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still thriving in the US.

prostitutes, beer and tattoos for the win.

its like the government is over correcting themselves.
they are like, shit, shits fucked up.
well fuck, lets do some shit to fix shit.
the shit they did to try to fix shit fucked shit up.
they are like, fuck we fucked it up worse.
lets do more of what we just did, that might fix shit.
fuck, it didnt.
oh, ive got an idea, lets do it again.
fuck.

Yup! Pot Farmers! Farmers, harvesters, curing, packing, distributing, advertising, quailty control, Its an entire industry.

Back