HST... gone.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StarBellieAngel

wow...

the good doc... (HST)

Thompson was found dead Sunday in his Aspen-area home of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, sheriff’s officials said. He was 67. Thompson’s wife, Anita, had gone out before the shooting and was not home at the time. His son, Juan, found the body.

Thompson “took his life with a gunshot to the head,” the wife and son said in a statement released to the Aspen Daily News. The statement asked for privacy for Thompson’s family and, using the Latin term for Earth, added, “He stomped terra.”

Neither the family statement nor Pitkin County sheriff’s officials said whether Thompson left a note. The sheriff and the county coroner did not immediately return telephone messages Monday.

Originally posted by chestercheeto48@Feb 21 2005, 01:30 PM
the author of the Fear and Loathing books. You know Fear and loathing in las vegas? Great books
[post=463910]Quoted post[/post]​

no idea who he is. ohh well he gets no sympathy from me, i hate people who take their own lives.

no idea who he is. ohh well he gets no sympathy from me, i hate people who take their own lives.

thats the most absurd statement i have ever heard...
how can you hate some one thats dead? and why would you hate them?

they took their own life, it wasn't yours or anyone else's, but his... and he decided to end it... good for him, at least he won't be draining SS and medicare as a mindless vegetable for 20 years...?

its not like he was young either...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 21 2005, 01:36 PM

they took their own life, it wasn't yours or anyone else's, but his... and he decided to end it... good for him, at least he won't be draining SS and medicare as a mindless vegetable for 20 years...?

[post=463917]Quoted post[/post]​

because anyone who takes their own life is someone who apparently has some issues that they need to clear up and they don't want to. and they are selfish. what about the people that he left behind?? all he was thinking about was himself, he couldn't deal with his problems so he figured the only way out was to kill himself, which is not the way to deal with problems. if i took that route, then i would've been dead a long time ago.

because anyone who takes their own life is someone who apparently has some issues that they need to clear up and they don't want to. and they are selfish. what about the people that he left behind?? all he was thinking about was himself, he couldn't deal with his problems so he figured the only way out was to kill himself, which is not the way to deal with problems. if i took that route, then i would've been dead a long time ago.

everyone is dying... its just a matter of time anyway, so is it better if death takes you as opposed to yourself? does it help those you left behind either way?

and isn;t it selfish to ask someone to go on living in their horrible existance just so the people that will be left behind feel better???

i fully condone suicide... i would rather end my life than grow old to lose my mind and my body and be a vegetable...

whats worse, to see someone suffering through old age? or to just let them go when they see fit?

Originally posted by adidas_man+Feb 21 2005, 01:43 PM-->
reckedracing
@Feb 21 2005, 01:36 PM

[post=463917]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=463923]Quoted post[/post]​

While im not defending suicide, the motives behind it are usually not selfish or self centered. Although im one of the happiest people youll ever meet, ill admit that I've thought about it before, im sure we all have, and i wasnt being self centered when i contimplated it either, you just kind of lose hope ,the good outweighs the bad in your mind more or less. Besides, if you really have people that would care that much if you did take your own life, you usually take that into heavy consideration and dont do it. Its not the " easy way out" to me, its a very hard way out, life has to have handed you an extremely crappy card OR your just an over sensitive person and it just seems too much. Iono, just what i was thinking...

Holy fuck this messed up....My room mates and I were watching Fear and Loathing as he was killing himself!!!! That is fucking creepy!!

On a more solumn note however, RIP Hunter S Thomson.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Feb 21 2005, 03:09 PM
There goes one of the best authors of our time. :(
[post=463997]Quoted post[/post]​

WERD....RIP Hunter

Deep thoughts, by Celerity,

Thought #1:Hunter is an asshole. Couldn't have happened to a better man.

Thought #2: He isn't dead. Faking a death, corpse and all, is JUST the sort of thing he would do.

Thought #3: His wife did it.

Thought #4: Conan O'Brien wishes he did it

-> Steve

Matt found a more indepth obituary for Thompson. Add me the list of those who are sad to see him go. His books were always entertaining to read. And what does it matter if he was an asshole in person anyway? It's not like he was my neighbor or anything... :huh:

Right to Die aside, suidice is the pussy's way out. Period. "Oh boo hoo, I can't deal with my problems so I'm going to kill myself" or "I'll just kill myself, that'll show 'em". I can say that with all honesty because I've put a gun to my head, cocked the hammer, and pulled the trigger. I was 13 and didn't think to check if it was loaded or not. I was a fucking pussy because I didn't want to face the problems of the neighborhood I was being forced to grow up in. I had letters written out to both of my parents and all of my friends. Just before I pulled the trigger, I said "I'm sorry mom". The love of my mother didn't matter to me at that point and it wasn't going to stop me. Thank goodness the fucking gun wasn't loaded or I would've went out like a pussy.

diffrence here being that you were a 13 year old punk with your whole life ahead of you... this guy was fuckin old and already had a foot in the grave...

i'm not seeing your point in this particular situation...

and everyone should note that the point to life is... well dying... thats what "life" is, just an adventure to your grave... in the grand order of things does it make a diffrence if you take the abreviated tour, or if you just drag out your time on this god forsaken marble rolling around in space?

Back