Hybrid C-rex Awful Axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

geniusanthony

spin: I have been assembling the car's drivetrain as follows, 89 hf body w/ JDM 89 b16a1, Y1 trans lsd, hasport billet mount kit, 89 Si spindles/hubs(yes, the dust seals are out) and am using90-93 teg axlesto include the intermediate shaft..................now keep in mind that the car runs and drives great except when I turn past 1/2 turn of the steering wheel. I have tried installing numerous sets of axles to include 86-89 sets, 86-89 teg shafts and outer CVs w/90-93 inner joints,90-93 sets more times than i can remember.

Has anyone else had or heard of this prob.? ANY advice would be more appreciated than you can imagine.

hey man i had the exact same setup as u have right now but i used the 89 integ axles and nothing ever took a sh*t on me and i had the car for 1yr strong and banging gears ona daily basis and i didn't have a problem with the axle..and i also had the HASPORT mount's one thing i can think of that my friend did on his hf is that he put on a dx kuckle that was bent so he had ur issues untill i found the problem...but check this out its really good references on axles...
Hasport axles guide
theres a nother good one that i ran into a while ago but i forgot the link of it i just printed the page it had the actual length of the sir's..but il see if i can find it....

Originally posted by geniusanthony@Jan 31 2003, 11:49 AM
...now keep in mind that the car runs and drives great except when I turn past 1/2 turn of the steering wheel.

What exactly is the problem?

so he had ur issues untill i found the problem...

And what issue would that be?He didn't say "this is happening",just when he makes 1/2 turns on the steering wheel.There are a number of problems it could be.

oh sorry my bad, prob is that the axles make all kinds of noise and dont rotate smoothly past 1/2 turn of steering wheel
i cannot find an axle combo that works 100 % like it should what is wrong w/ my car?

Originally posted by geniusanthony@Feb 1 2003, 05:22 PM
oh sorry my bad, prob is that the axles make all kinds of noise...

What kind of noise?,rubbing,thumping,clicking grinding,etc....

the noises the axles are making include...whining, grinding, thumping, clicking ....i 'm fairly certain that these axles are just a hair too long

Have you gone through and checked your mounts?Are you certian of the origin of all the alxe pieces you are using?

origin for all of the axles i've used is all the parts store, the axles were all rebuilts though i ve reinstalled the motor twice to ensure it isnt hanging up at any points or crooked etc.. my chassis is straight i've had it decked while at alighment shop.

Hmmmmm.Aside from having a wrong or defective part,then I don't know.It sounds like you know which parts you need.

for real though... could my trannybe fukin me? differential shouldn't make those kinds of noises right?....its a cable y1 w/factory lsd

Back