Hydraulic to cable tranny conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DubDub

I want to know how a hydraulic to cable conversion kit works and what the pros and cons are to using one. I'm looking to upgrade my b16a tranny to a type r tranny for my 4g civic with a b18c. I could use some expert advice!!

PRO's - Dont know

CON's - dont substitute for soft lines from Autozone they can blow. USE OEM hardlines from a donor car.

Originally posted by DubDub@Mar 17 2004, 02:37 PM
I want to know how a hydraulic to cable conversion kit works and what the pros and cons are to using one. I'm looking to upgrade my b16a tranny to a type r tranny for my 4g civic with a b18c. I could use some expert advice!!

don't you mean cable to hydraulic? Hasport makes a kit that allows the tranny to be bolted up into that chassis. They also make the hydraulic pump that bolts to the tranny. You still use your cable so its kinda a quasi-conversion. Not worth it for the money in my opinon. If you want to go true hydraulic, you need the everything (including clutch pedal asesmbly, lines, resivor and hard lines). basiclly everything from the pedal to the tranny from a 92-95 civic chassis. I looked into it a while ago and was just too much work with the setup I am running(new x-members and such). I really wanted to do it. Oh well. good luck.

matt

no go to hasports site and look at the kit
http://www.hasport.com/Tech/Installs/EFB2.htm
it does not have a pump
the tranny is activated by adding linkage to the side of the tranny it work great it is 500 bucks for mount andd the tranny kit you can't beat that price. I have bolted one on before it took about 1.5 hrs with lots of beer brakes. As for swaping in a hydro system in its not a good option it takes alot of work the 4g civic was never produced with a hydro clutch so to get one in means cutting the fire wall and welding in the pedals of fabing new mount locations for them the cable conversion kit for about 150 is gonna be easier and cost less than getting parts

Back