hypothetical...CRX + B18C1 + supercharger = DD?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys,

Long time fan of Hondas, owned an 86 CRX way back in the day...ok, so it was only 9 years ago.

I will say that I did do some searching, didn't find any concrete answers...sorry if I didn't search hard enough.

I'm considering making a return (with an 88-91, of course), but with substantially more fun. After doing some research, I know that the CRX/B18C1/supercharger combination is quite possible, my question is on drive-ability. I'm not looking to build a rattling, caged, stripped out racer...I want something that I can drive to work every day in Phoenix, AZ. Which of course means that AC is a must. Is the above combination possible while maintaining this most important luxury? If not, what would be the best combination while maintaining drive-ability?

In the end, I know that a B18C1 by itself will put a smile on my face, just curious on the possibilities.

Thanks in advanced!

it's doable, but the more feasible option is a turbo b16. the power will be about the same, but it should fit a little easier.

it's doable, but the more feasible option is a turbo b16. the power will be about the same, but it should fit a little easier.

But my understanding is with a turbo setup, you'd lose the AC and have to use a half-size radiator...two things that don't mesh with AZ. I know that a supercharger would run hot, but at least I could have a full-size radiator (even a performance unit), since I'm not losing space to the turbo exhaust manifold. At least, that's the way it is with Full-Race kits...plus, waiting for a turbo to spool is not optimal.

I suppose a B16 with a supercharger would work nicely, though.

b16 w/ supercharger is nice.. you pick up that low end power that the b16 lacks.. and you have the high revving capability of the b16

Back