I blew the eninge in the crx tonight :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That sucks man.

Were you running a CAI? And if so what kind...so I can stay away from that.

I was running a cai, some ebay one that seems to be a clone of the aem one. It was cheap and worked. If I was such an idiot and got a new plastic shield for my wheel well on the passengers side this probably wouldn't have happened. My plastic shield flew off on the highway a few weeks ago.
I stripped everything off of the block today. I can't find my digital camera but when we do the swap on saturday or sunday we will get pics. It looks like the crank snapped but I can;t really see into the holes so it might be something else. I can't wait to rip the block apart.

Something did. I can't wait to get pics.

On a side note the woman is pissing me off so I think I am going to try to find the m3 girl this weekend.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@May 27 2004, 05:05 PM
That sucks man.

Were you running a CAI? And if so what kind...so I can stay away from that.

Most CAI's pull from a low point. It doesn't take much water. It takes about 1/2 psi per foot of elevation to pull water. So it would only take about 2 psi to push upward 4 feet. I don't know what this works out to in "inches of mercury"(Hg/in), but it's not much.

A bypass valve would save almost every engine that runs across this situation. You can use a cheap intake, but protect yourself by leaving an alternative air passage, just in case you submerge your main filter.

i've sported the short ram since i've had a honda.

the only CAI-like intake i'd ever run would be the comptech icebox.

but i got a turbo now... so fuck that n/a bullshit. heeh

Bah. Bah I say!

I have run CAI's for 2 years in the hurricane orgy of the world--NO problems. I will never run a SRI intake again....It sucks (no pun intended).

Originally posted by Jeef@May 27 2004, 03:16 PM
I can't find my digital camera but when we do the swap on saturday or sunday we will get pics.

You better get some of The M3 girl too yo! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Havok@May 29 2004, 11:19 AM
Bah. Bah I say!

I have run CAI's for 2 years in the hurricane orgy of the world--NO problems. I will never run a SRI intake again....It sucks (no pun intended).

:p

Short ram > long pipe for high end power

Long pipe > short ram for a weird torque bump in the middle of your power curve

I will have the pictures developed soon and scan them. I will get pics of the broken crank as soon as my lazy ass gets some batteries.

Back