I can't find anything on the interwebs.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I need some help. Can anyone identify this monster of a spider? The body is around a nickel in size.

I just wanna know what kind it is. Haven't decided if I want to catch it and release it away from my back door, even though I have to break one of his support webs to keep from walking into it when I leave for work every morning.

wyhF6ou.jpg

Thanks E. Just wanted to make sure she wasn't poisonous to humans. I'm going to catch and release her elsewhere. Don't need to continually walk into her web everytime I leave for work.

the 3 spiders you need to be concerned about in the USA are:
Brown Recluse
Black Widow
Hobo Spider
if it is one of those three then kill it with extreme prejudice
if its not one of those then you really dont have to worry about it

there are a few others that can cause nausea or pain but most are non-aggressive and are not really anything to be concerned about
they wont bother you if you dont fuck with them

if they are inside simply relocate them outside where they can continue their job of ridding your area of less desirable pests
if they are outside leave them be (or relocate them if they are in a bad location for you)

if you find a Jumping Spider invite that fucker in offer him a beer give him a permanent place to stay and dont charge him rent
they dont make webs and they will hunt and kill insects and other spiders including the dangerous ones listed above that you dont want around

they are also cute

cute-jumping-spider-arachnology-31947178-720-469.png

jumping_spider_hi.JPG

tumblr_mlt2b8BxgP1s8ughjo1_500.jpg

and musical
tumblr_md3q9korGJ1rtj4cro1_500.gif

and Spider-Bro will have your back
Spiderbro.png

but seriously those are harmless to you but they will keep your place clear of other spiders and pests... they are your friend :thumbsup:

Last edited:
There's one rule in my house for spiders. No touchy. If you touch my foot while i'm taking a shit we're not friends and the empty toilet paper roll is coming for your ass. And stay out of my shower.

I am pathetically afraid of insects, but I do try and make an exception for spiders, but sometimes that irrational kicks in...usually in the bathroom.

fair enough... everyone has to set their boundaries :thumbsup:

George7777777 used to TORCH those fuckin crawlin' hamburgers when we lived in CT.

Then I got a brown recluse. I kept him around because he NEVER left the area that I last left him (Of course, he was outside).

The Wolf spiders DO hurt a bit when they bite, but they don't leave a lasting impression. Mostly Black flies do more damage.

I generally let all bugs be. But FUCK centi and milapedes. I hate them. I don't care about the jumping crickets in the garage, I give all spiders a pass, but I'll go out of my way to get one of those ultra multi-legged freaks.

Back