I don't have a car anymore

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
I went to take my 19' Tiguan in for an oil change yesterday and I was walking the lot just looking around and a salesman approached me asking if I needed help. I told him that i was just there to get an oil changed and he asked me what i was driving. I told him how i leased a 19' Tiguan SEL R-line and that i absolutely despised VW for putting that underpowered Gen3B 2.0T in that car and how i couldn't wait until the lease was up in 12/2022 so i could get rid of it. He basically was like, well you can get rid of it now if you want. Now obviously i have from now until 12/22 to make payments on it which is like 18 payments, plus the KBB on it was way under what I owed so.. I was like.. ok what the catch because how you gonna waive like 18 more payments and get me out of this car without owing a penny. Anyway....he talked with the Manager and came back 5 minutes later and said it's a done deal if i want. They will buy it back right now and i can walk away from it with no penalties or financial obligations. They even waived the oil change fee. They literally made my year. I cannot express how much I disliked that car. This is the first time I have not owned a car for a day since I first got a car 27 years ago.

So now I'm shopping ..here is what I'm looking at:

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 25k miles
4385852095201075150_4

2019 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 32k mile
-1641681535502482317_4

2016 Porsche Macan S 35k miles
-5502593093869863289_2

2019 Acura MDX ASpec 55k miles
image-7.jpg

2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige Sport w/DAP 39k miles​

dbff91b0433f755534eff13e91e3f904x.jpg

2018 BMW X5 xDrive40e iPerformance
bf73237da9fa20a64b8d333e331e60d8.jpg

That's everything im looking at.

no idea what i want.

Last edited:
We drove the xc60 and I hated the roof line. The XC90 is sooooooo much better so we got it for the wife. T6 momentum and it's super nice. 35k in it, 0 problems

Long ass day yesterday....what a shit show. No one had barely any inventory. Every dealership i went was barren.

i ended up with a CPO 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with 13k miles on it. I can't believe how nice this thing is. Cooled Seats, Air Suspension, Self Park, etc etc etc.

It really boiled down to size. I was very close to getting a CPO 19 RDX Aspec or a 2022 MDX Base but after driving the the Overland it was a no brainer.

Attachments

• 20210703_145850.jpg
    20210703_145850.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Long ass day yesterday....what a shit show. No one had barely any inventory. Every dealership i went was barren.

i ended up with a CPO 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with 13k miles on it. I can't believe how nice this thing is. Cooled Seats, Air Suspension, Self Park, etc etc etc.

It really boiled down to size. I was very close to getting a CPO 19 RDX Aspec or a 2022 MDX Base but after driving the the Overland it was a no braine

It really boiled down to size. I was very close to getting a CPO 19 RDX Aspec or a 2022 MDX Base but after driving the the Overland it was a no brainer.

I'm biased but nice GC. The overland is a really nice package. Is this the 3.6 or 5.7? 13k is just a baby either way. The air ride is awesome. ONLY issue I can think of is the 3.6 has a known issue with an engine tick. Its a soft hydraulic lifter/rocker arm issue that can eventually wear down the lobe on the cam. Not a huge deal, about 17 bucks worth of parts but the labor is a little bit of a hassle. I'm dealing with it right now on my gladiator. Its a hit or miss thing so most likely it won't even affect you.

Curious what it cost you though. Used car prices are at record levels right now.

I'm biased but nice GC. The overland is a really nice package. Is this the 3.6 or 5.7? 13k is just a baby either way. The air ride is awesome. ONLY issue I can think of is the 3.6 has a known issue with an engine tick. Its a soft hydraulic lifter/rocker arm issue that can eventually wear down the lobe on the cam. Not a huge deal, about 17 bucks worth of parts but the labor is a little bit of a hassle. I'm dealing with it right now on my gladiator. Its a hit or miss thing so most likely it won't even affect you.

Curious what it cost you though. Used car prices are at record levels right now.
It's the 3.6. I wanted to lease a new one but the only place I could find that had 1 listed on their website was in Madison, CT and i called them 3 times Saturday as i was car shopping and they told me they were to busy to run numbers for me or to even check if it was still in stock. The one i actually posted is not the one i got. That one was the 5.7 with 25k on it. But I happened to be driving buy a Jeep dealership in North Haven CT and pulled in just to see what they had and this one was in the Show Room. When i saw it had 13k on and drove it I determined i didn't really need the 5.7. Plenty of power with the 3.6.

I paid $43,500. This is the first time in my life i didn't even bother negotiating. It was the last car I looked at all day and after seeing the barren parking lots of 6 dealerships, I knew it was either take it or leave it.

Any idea if that problem you mentioned would be covered under the powertrain warranty? I have like 4.5 years or 83k left on the CPO warranty. Should i get coverage for the comprehensive.....like the air ride, electronics etc..? They had one for $789 the offered but i declined.

It's the 3.6. I wanted to lease a new one but the only place I could find that had 1 listed on their website was in Madison, CT and i called them 3 times Saturday as i was car shopping and they told me they were to busy to run numbers for me or to even check if it was still in stock. The one i actually posted is not the one i got. That one was the 5.7 with 25k on it. But I happened to be driving buy a Jeep dealership in North Haven CT and pulled in just to see what they had and this one was in the Show Room. When i saw it had 13k on and drove it I determined i didn't really need the 5.7. Plenty of power with the 3.6.

I paid $43,500. This is the first time in my life i didn't even bother negotiating. It was the last car I looked at all day and after seeing the barren parking lots of 6 dealerships, I knew it was either take it or leave it.

Any idea if that problem you mentioned would be covered under the powertrain warranty? I have like 4.5 years or 83k left on the CPO warranty. Should i get coverage for the comprehensive.....like the air ride, electronics etc..? They had one for $789 the offered but i declined.
Yeah that would be covered under your power train warranty. Do some googling/youtubing on the issue. Bunch of videos out there of guys doing the repair.

Like I said it probably won't even matter, just keep it in the back of your mind for a rainy day.

Right on! I thought for sure this guy is going Macan, X5, or SQ5 but I was wrong. Those jeeps are comfy and loaded.

Right on! I thought for sure this guy is going Macan, X5, or SQ5 but I was wrong. Those jeeps are comfy and loaded.
The Macan was too small and same for the SQ5.

X5 was nice as FK but it didn't have cooled seats. That's literally the only reason I'm not driving the X5 right now or the 2022 MDX Base for that matter. The X5 and Jeep were both the same price.

After 4-5 hours being out on the golf course on a 90 degree day, i want my cooled seats.

Just curious what your original down payment on the VW lease was?

I'm also wondering if the lack of used car availability had anything to do with them wanting to buy it back from you.
The market seems real hot.
Is it listed on their website yet?

Thats definitely why they bought it back. Same thing is happening here. They can't get enough new cars so they're trying to procure newer used cars so they have something to sell. And with prices as high as they are they're making a killer profit.

i saw a post about a nascar track/parking lot full of cars waiting for 1 chip/part to finish it.
Yep we have the same thing going on locally at Dearborn truck.

As far as FCA (Stellantis) goes, we've been removing options on the GCL that require chips that aren't available. The truck plant is doing something similar to what ford is doing. Basically building vehicles that are 99% complete and shipping them to a parking lot.

Crazy times.

This is what happens when we rely on china/any foreign country for critical parts.

we're fucked if WW3 kicks off and it's non-nuclear. All our supply chain would take years to spin up.

The Macan was too small and same for the SQ5.

X5 was nice as FK but it didn't have cooled seats. That's literally the only reason I'm not driving the X5 right now or the 2022 MDX Base for that matter. The X5 and Jeep were both the same price.

After 4-5 hours being out on the golf course on a 90 degree day, i want my cooled seats.

X5 just drives soooo nice. Yeah it's probably the worst though for depreciation here and let's be honest, that makes more sense with your habits. MDX probably best for depreciation, but you prob don't want to be in the first model year of the new generation.

What happened to another rav4 hybrid?

Yep we have the same thing going on locally at Dearborn truck.

As far as FCA (Stellantis) goes, we've been removing options on the GCL that require chips that aren't available. The truck plant is doing something similar to what ford is doing. Basically building vehicles that are 99% complete and shipping them to a parking lot.

Crazy times.

Yeah same deal in trucking. Whoever can get the most chips will win the marketshare contest this year. Most build slots are sold out.

It's not just chips though that are backed up, and while china is connected, its a LOT of things. being intertwined to the global economy. Most supply chains are screwed up and ops/logistics is screwed up.

Last edited:
Just curious what your original down payment on the VW lease was?

I'm also wondering if the lack of used car availability had anything to do with them wanting to buy it back from you.
The market seems real hot.
Is it listed on their website yet?
I believe i put 2k down and yes its available for sale... i had to drop they extra key off yesterday and i saw it all shined up on the lot

They don't have pics yet but this is it.

X5 just drives soooo nice. Yeah it's probably the worst though for depreciation here and let's be honest, that makes more sense with your habits. MDX probably best for depreciation, but you prob don't want to be in the first model year of the new generation.

What happened to another rav4 hybrid?
I wanted a XSE Hybrid or the Prime XSE. You just can't get them. I inquired about a Rav 4 Prime SE a dealer showed has having in stock but when i called it was under deposit. It's a fucking shit show.

My sister-in-law just shopped her 18 CRV lease today...she went to Honda and got numbers on a nice new Black CRV and then went to look at a Hyundai Tuscan. She went back to Honda 2 hours later and the black one sold.

Back